Welcome to Wedding Ideas Chat
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

60's Theme

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

Guest_Mrs Wright 2b_*

Guest_Mrs Wright 2b_*
  • Guests
Hi everyone I'm new to all this forum thing but loving it!
We are getting married at the Isle of Wight Scooter rally weekend next year. As you might have guessed we are into Scooters.
We have decided as we love scooters & vintage cars that we wanted to have a 60's theme to our wedding but are a little stuck for ideas does anyone have any suggestions?
I have found a wedding dress that is a 60's style & my dad has 1960's mark 1 cortina which he is gonna drive me to my wedding in, & Ian will arrive on his vintage vespa with his mates on thier scooters but we are stuggling with ideas to decorate our venue with?
I'm also stuggling to find my 2 teenage bridesmaids dresses that are of a 60's style does anyone know of anywhere that does them?
Thanks for your Help
Yvonne xxx

Guest_KatF_*

Guest_KatF_*
  • Guests
QUOTE (Mrs Wright 2b @ Aug 10 2008, 06:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We are getting married at the Isle of Wight Scooter rally weekend next year. As you might have guessed we are into Scooters.
We have decided as we love scooters & vintage cars that we wanted to have a 60's theme to our wedding but are a little stuck for ideas does anyone have any suggestions?
I have found a wedding dress that is a 60's style & my dad has 1960's mark 1 cortina which he is gonna drive me to my wedding in, & Ian will arrive on his vintage vespa with his mates on thier scooters but we are stuggling with ideas to decorate our venue with?
I'm also stuggling to find my 2 teenage bridesmaids dresses that are of a 60's style does anyone know of anywhere that does them?
Thanks for your Help
Yvonne xxx

Welcome to the forum, you will soon be all kinds of addicted! Not specifically BM dresses but try atom retro, they have great things. As for decorations for venue, what about mod tagets, mannequins in 60's clothing, vinyl records, big posters of The Beatles, Dylan, Andy Warhol style pics of you and H2B and your families, Jimi Hendrix et al, A scooter (they're not very big are they?) all decked out in flowers on the top table!! I would love to plan your wedding!!!! Think of a retro toy (slinkie?) for favours, and have a retro sweets table (try The Village Sweet shop on line- got my lollipops from there and they were great). Instead of decorations, get a projector linkd up to a lap top and play iconic 60's clips: Woodstock, Taxi Driver, Vietnam, The beatles (again), Quadraphenia
Name your tables after 60's places: Carnaby St, Brighton, Strawberry fields, Abbey Road, etc sorry run out of ideas- love the 60s but was only born in 1980 so have limited knowledge!! Good luck and I hope that helps. BTW there is this place round the corner from me called Gallery 1- you should be able to find it on line and the guy is an artist (Paul Weller has one of his paintings) and he does amazing pop paintings, I am getting one for H2B for his wedding pressie and they are aamzing-might be worth a look for your pressie too x x x

Fishface

Fishface

Wedding Guru

• Monitors
  • 22287 posts
Just wanted to say welcome to the forum!

I think The Beatles music would add to your 60's theme, they have some beautiful songs for your first dance. Although I am biased as I have chosen them for our first dance! smile.gif

Guest_KatF_*

Guest_KatF_*
  • Guests
QUOTE (VictoriaLou @ Aug 10 2008, 07:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just wanted to say welcome to the forum!

I think The Beatles music would add to your 60's theme, they have some beautiful songs for your first dance. Although I am biased as I have chosen them for our first dance! smile.gif

BTW, in addition to my earlier rant about how ace your 60s wedding will be, this is our first dance, love it, love the words and me and H2B cry every time we here it, and bonus, it is my dad's fave song x xx x x

Guest_Mrs Wright 2b_*

Guest_Mrs Wright 2b_*
  • Guests
Thanks for your help I have check some of these sites out & they are great cheers!
We are however limited when decorating our venue as aren't allowed to put any pictures on the walls which is a bit crap!
You have some great ideas, if you get any more please let me know.
H2B is really into music so he is starting to make me lisen to all his 60's stuff had the beatles on in the car the other day they are cool.
We are having 60's background music on our ipods playing all day so should be cool!
I'm getting so excited, but its still ages away.
Please keep the ideas coming thanks Yvonne xx

Guest_Mrs Wright 2b_*

Guest_Mrs Wright 2b_*
  • Guests
QUOTE (Mrs Wright 2b @ Aug 10 2008, 06:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks for your Help
Yvonne xxx

Has anyone got any ideas for favours for my 60's theme?
cheers
Yvonne xxx

Queen Munchkin

Queen Munchkin

SPARKLY BUM MANDS !!!!

• Members
  • 42702 posts
Welcome to the forum x I love your theme x

If you could not find BM dresses why not get them made by a dress maker x

Love Mands xxx

Guest_Mrs Wright 2b_*

Guest_Mrs Wright 2b_*
  • Guests
QUOTE (Minty-munchkins @ Aug 27 2008, 06:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Welcome to the forum x I love your theme x

If you could not find BM dresses why not get them made by a dress maker x

Love Mands xxx

Thanks Mands thats a great idea I'm gonna look into that!