Welcome to Wedding Ideas Chat
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Placecards help!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

I love my VW Polo

I love my VW Polo

HRH Wedding Ideas!

• Members
  • 14031 posts
Do you put people's full names on the placecards or just their first names...? What about their titles? Also, what do you put for Bride, Groom, MOG, MOB, BM, Best Man etc... e.g. do you put their name and role or just their role or just their name...? unsure.gif

cazzarella

cazzarella

Wedding Whizz

• Members
  • 3671 posts
Iv had title from some weddings and some without and some with the last name and I dont know how they knew it?! without the title if that makes sense.
I think iv seen placecards in WI which say Bride and then their name but I think its a bit much to right out on a placecard fully... Mother of the Groom Jean, for ease I think I will right just first names and hopefully not get too many with the same name! oh but thinking about it their last name wil be on the table plan x

Guest_louymcgovern_*

Guest_louymcgovern_*
  • Guests
ooohhh i dont know rolleyes.gif

im sooo dumb, of corse I know, will def be first names only on table as their going to be written on shot glass (men) martini glass (woman) doohhhh

think will do first and surnames on table plan though laugh.gif

oh on favours/table going to put bride, groom etc etc

Lou xx

moon fairy

moon fairy

Drink anyone?

• Members
  • 12009 posts
I was having this discussion with my Mum earlier. I want to just have first names on them and full names on the table plan. I don't want it to be too formal.

Guest_MrsBurriss_*

Guest_MrsBurriss_*
  • Guests
I just put first names unless there were 2+ people with the same name. I also but bride, groom, mob, fob, etc.. for the top table as I thought it looked more exciting! hope this helps x

IWANTAPOEM

IWANTAPOEM

Forum Star

• Wedding Ideas advertisers
  • 2288 posts
QUOTE (moon fairy @ Aug 19 2008, 11:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was having this discussion with my Mum earlier. I want to just have first names on them and full names on the table plan. I don't want it to be too formal.

That sounds a sensible idea!

Guest_dawnydawn_*

Guest_dawnydawn_*
  • Guests
QUOTE (I love my VW Polo @ Aug 19 2008, 10:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Do you put people's full names on the placecards or just their first names...? What about their titles? Also, what do you put for Bride, Groom, MOG, MOB, BM, Best Man etc... e.g. do you put their name and role or just their role or just their name...? unsure.gif

I done a thread like this a month or so ago I was also unsure. Basically you can do what ever you feel comfortable with. I decided to do first names only (luckly we don't have anyone with the same names). For the top table I had Bride, Groom, Mother of the Bride ect... I thought your only these tittles once in your life (unless your lucky to be a BM again ect...) so its nice to be called the Best Man ect...
I have also made Wine charms for everyone, but the top table I found these, http://www.charmsupp...roducts_id=1054 so they go with the tittles too.

Guest_mrs johnston2b_*

Guest_mrs johnston2b_*
  • Guests
i agree first names on placecards and full names on the table plan smile.gif

nickyb

nickyb

Posting Pro

• Members
  • 942 posts
on the table plan i have done full names but on place cards just first name and for the top table bride groom mother of bride etc...

~S~

~S~

Wedding Guru

• Members
  • 26501 posts
I had people's first names (but had Nana, Grandad etc i.e what we call them) - then on the top table I had "Mum - Mother of Bride" "Mum - Mother of Groom" etc and so on and so forth huh.gif

les1709

les1709

Master Planner

• Members
  • 6981 posts
i had full name and title! example - Mrs Lesley Angus

Guest_laura1984_*

Guest_laura1984_*
  • Guests
We have just put first names on both, they will now where they are as the rest of their family will be on the same table, and i have just put our parents names also.

Guest_chellegirl_*

Guest_chellegirl_*
  • Guests
You can do what ever you want. we make printed name cards and table plans, most people seem to have ful names on the table layout and just first names on the names cards.
With the top table some people have bride and groom, mother of the bride etc but some like to put Mr and Mrs ??? as it will be the first time they sit down to their new name.

it's up to you, whatever you want.

xx