Welcome to Wedding Ideas Chat
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Mint Green or Lilac

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
30 replies to this topic

Guest_Kirsty-lorraine_*

Guest_Kirsty-lorraine_*
  • Guests
Hi, I cannot decide whether to have lilac or mint green as my wedding colour theme! I first thought of lilac and silver as I am wearing ivory so think this will complement each other. However, some of the groom's party is not happy wearing that 'girlie' colour, although not the groom' he is quite happy to wear what I want and also likes the colour lilac!
The other choice is mint green with baby pink, again complementing the ivory. We are getting married Aug 09 and I have heard that green is the inn colour next year. We are on a budget and need to consider what will be easier and cheaper to get hold of in what colours for both bridal wear and reception decorations. Any advice or ideas on what to go for!

kim_27

kim_27

Wedding Whizz

• Members
  • 2707 posts
Hi, we're going with green. H2B won't wear girly colours either. He claims lilac is still pink.

♥jane♥

♥jane♥

Wedding Guru

• Members
  • 24015 posts
Hi, It's your wedding so you should get the colour you want, but maybe you could make them feel more comfortable by wearing just ivory or silver coloured clothing and have the lilac in the form of the buttonhole?

Guest_Kirsty-lorraine_*

Guest_Kirsty-lorraine_*
  • Guests
QUOTE (kim_27 @ Sep 15 2008, 11:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi, we're going with green. H2B won't wear girly colours either. He claims lilac is still pink.

Hiya, my H2B is ok with wearing lilac but the best man etc isn't! The other thing I was thinking is getting them to wear cream waistcoats and a lilac cravat which they will do! I love the colour green to so I don't know! When are you getting married? Are you finding it easy to get green things?

Guest_Kirsty-lorraine_*

Guest_Kirsty-lorraine_*
  • Guests
QUOTE (jane83 @ Sep 15 2008, 11:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi, It's your wedding so you should get the colour you want, but maybe you could make them feel more comfortable by wearing just ivory or silver coloured clothing and have the lilac in the form of the buttonhole?

Hi, yes your right and was thinking that too and just having my H2B in lilac waistcoast etc because he is fine with the colour.

MrsSwaley2B

MrsSwaley2B

Wedding Whizz

• Members
  • 2650 posts
We had similar issues as the colour scheme i want is ivory, lilic and pink but h2b refuses to wear girly colours so we compromised and h2b is wearing ivory accessories and the groomsmen will be wearing ivory waistcoats with lilic cravats and a pink buttonhole. If green is to be the in colour for next year you might not struggle to find green accessories.

Carol x

Karen @ Mango Gems

Karen @ Mango Gems

Forum Star

• Wedding Ideas advertisers
  • 1969 posts
Why not use mint green and lilac as the theme, rather than one or the other. The two go together really nicely (all of my display stands for trade shows are pale green and lilac!) and that way you wouldn't have to choose.

kim_27

kim_27

Wedding Whizz

• Members
  • 2707 posts
QUOTE (Kirsty-lorraine @ Sep 15 2008, 11:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hiya, my H2B is ok with wearing lilac but the best man etc isn't! The other thing I was thinking is getting them to wear cream waistcoats and a lilac cravat which they will do! I love the colour green to so I don't know! When are you getting married? Are you finding it easy to get green things?

Hi, We're getting married the weekend after you on the 16th. We haven't had trouble yet (I hope I haven't spoken too soon). We've got the bridemaids dresses (pale green) from Coast in the sale. The Confetti shop in Birmingham had quite a lot of green things.

Sabella

Sabella

Wedding Guru

• Members
  • 22854 posts
Green Green Green Green.

Lilac was a very 'in' colour for soooooo long.

♥jane♥

♥jane♥

Wedding Guru

• Members
  • 24015 posts
The last wedding I went to had all the men (her grandad, h2b, best man, all the ushers including my h2b) wearing pink waistcoats/cravats smile.gif No-one complained amazingly! My h2b looked really sexy in pink too but not going to make him do it again wub.gif

Cheerleading Katie

Cheerleading Katie

HRH Wedding Ideas!

• Wedding Ideas advertisers
  • 17222 posts
i had lilac at my wedding in Sri Lanka and am also having it at my wedding renewal in August 2009

mrs applegrl

mrs applegrl

Helen ♥ Jon

• Members
  • 4509 posts
I am having mint green. I really love it, I think its fresh and classic at the same time. Dead easy to accessorise with although tbh I have focused more on ivory than green.

My flowers are just gorgeous fresh creams and then green colour comes from the stems wink.gif xx

Purple Rain

Purple Rain

Forum Star

• Members
  • 1420 posts
QUOTE (Kirsty-lorraine @ Sep 15 2008, 11:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi, I cannot decide whether to have lilac or mint green as my wedding colour theme! I first thought of lilac and silver as I am wearing ivory so think this will complement each other. However, some of the groom's party is not happy wearing that 'girlie' colour, although not the groom' he is quite happy to wear what I want and also likes the colour lilac!
The other choice is mint green with baby pink, again complementing the ivory. We are getting married Aug 09 and I have heard that green is the inn colour next year. We are on a budget and need to consider what will be easier and cheaper to get hold of in what colours for both bridal wear and reception decorations. Any advice or ideas on what to go for!

hola

i had purple/lilac and silver - groom and ushers wore grey suits with silvery/grey cravat and waistcoat - - -would this not work as a compromise?

i personally dont like 2 see guys in "traditionally" girly colours like pink ! ! ! so can see where the groomsmen r coming from

x x x

Edited by Purple Rain, 15 September 2008 - 12:13 PM.

strawberryfizz

strawberryfizz

Forum Star

• Members
  • 1961 posts
I would go with the green!!

mrsemmasparrow

mrsemmasparrow

HRH Wedding Ideas!

• Members
  • 11967 posts
QUOTE (christmasbride2b @ Sep 15 2008, 02:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would go with the green!!

I would go with lilac

Guest_norfolkbride_*

Guest_norfolkbride_*
  • Guests
We are having lilac, green and ivory as our main colours. Jason is not too keen on wearing a lilac waistcoat so he is having a ivory waistcoat and lilac tie. I think the rest of the men will have lilac waistcoats and ties with the grey edward suits.

Guest_luckyheather_*

Guest_luckyheather_*
  • Guests
Could you have both and give it a vintage sort of feel?? That way the groom could be in green as well as the male members of the parth ( bm, ushers, FOG etc) and you could have lilac flowers and have the BM's in lilac dresses. Also you could have FOTB in lilac ( if he was agreeable!!!). HTH. xx

Guest_Mrs Wright 2b_*

Guest_Mrs Wright 2b_*
  • Guests
we are having Lilac & Sage green as our colours so I'd say go for both!
That way the groom can wear Lilac & all the groomsmen can wear green so they are still part of the bridal party & the Groom stands out!
Hope this helps I know its hard to decide what colours etc

Mommy Parkes

Mommy Parkes

Planning Princess

• Members
  • 8800 posts
Out of all the wedding's i have been to the only 2 colours i have ever seen is Lilac and deep red so i would say green its getting more popular but it's a lovly colour.

I realy wanted a light green as my colour but everyone pulled a face at that colour so have decided on hot pink and baby pink so they'll have to suffer with wearing a really girly colour now.

It's your wedding at the end of the day and you should have what ever colour makes you happy.

~Pinky Loz~

~Pinky Loz~

Master Planner

• Members
  • 5669 posts
I think mint green, baby pink & ivory sounds lush.
xxx

charlotte84

charlotte84

• Members
  • 136 posts
I went to a wedding recently which had a lilac theme and it looked really lovely (I have to say I was pleasantly surprised!)
The men wore navy suits with silvery waistcoats and a lilac cravat which they all seemed happy with as it wasn't too girlie and they looked fantastic.
Though Iv also been to a wedding with green and I love it!

~S~

~S~

Wedding Guru

• Members
  • 26501 posts
I had Ivory, Green & Silver as my colour scheme. Hubby wore silver waistcoat & cravat, ushers wore ivory waistcoats and cravats. Bridesmaids wore like a shiny green colour. I only had ivory roses as my flowers, so used lots of green foilage in them.

xx

chalee

chalee

Posting Pro

• Members
  • 893 posts
Hi,
I have lime green and choc brown as my wedding colour theme. Take a look at my offical pics!

http://www.imagicam..../FrontCover.php

Cx

mrsemmasparrow

mrsemmasparrow

HRH Wedding Ideas!

• Members
  • 11967 posts
I would say lilac

Sher

Sher

Making your Big day even More special

• Members
  • 4860 posts
The 2 colours together would look lovely.

Guest_Weeheat_*

Guest_Weeheat_*
  • Guests
QUOTE (Kirsty-lorraine @ Sep 15 2008, 11:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Twin ,

I have been thinking of mint green or red .. your right green is in for next year . If i was you i would go for green xx

mrs_gilbey_2b

mrs_gilbey_2b

Forum Star

• Members
  • 1154 posts
We're having lilac, black and white, with the best man and fathers/brothers wearing lilac ties to match my maid of honour, and my groom and flower girls in black and white to match me. See which way round the men are willing to do it so the colour scheme still works but people wear what they are happy with. Saying that, my brother is the only one who knows about the lilac, I've yet to tell dads and grooms brother!

pretty_vacant

pretty_vacant

Planning Princess

• Members
  • 7555 posts
i think green, ive never liked lilac to me its a bit like peach was in the 90's

sorry all you lilac girls its just my opinion, dont hold it against me

mrs_gilbey_2b

mrs_gilbey_2b

Forum Star

• Members
  • 1154 posts
Like peach was in the 90s?
I don't really believe in colour trends or anything like that, I think you should go for what you like best.

MrsFarmer2B

MrsFarmer2B

• Members
  • 94 posts
QUOTE (Mrs Wright 2b @ Sep 18 2008, 09:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
we are having Lilac & Sage green as our colours so I'd say go for both!
That way the groom can wear Lilac & all the groomsmen can wear green so they are still part of the bridal party & the Groom stands out!
Hope this helps I know its hard to decide what colours etc

WE're having sage green for our wedding next year, however i'm now thinking about having lilac as well, for example in my bouquet. The two colours look gorgeous together, so I don't think you need to choose between them!!

Curly Lisa

Curly Lisa

Cheers!

• Members
  • 17468 posts
I think sage green would be nice for the men, then maybe you could bring the lilac in the flowers and favours etc.