Welcome to Wedding Ideas Chat
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Chocolate Brown, Gold and Ivory??

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
25 replies to this topic

Guest_MrsGilbert2b_*

Guest_MrsGilbert2b_*
  • Guests
What do you think of this colour scheme??

My colour scheme has changed ALOT over the last couple of weeks!

I was thinking of having just Ivory and Gold but I think my bridesmaids would love to be in Brown and we could have gold accents too which would complement them.

Im not too sure though,

has anyone else had this colour scheme?

xxxxxxxx

Edited by MrsGilbert2b, 04 October 2008 - 02:16 PM.

**MrsWalker86**

**MrsWalker86**

Wedding Whizz

• Members
  • 3537 posts
hi chik

i am having choc brown gold and ivory theme

it looks fabulous

my men are in choc brown suits with ivory cravat gold cravat and choc brown cravat

my centrepices 2 brown n gold

my favours will b ivory boxes 4 ladies brown chests for the men decorated with gold

and im having brown n cream alternated chair covers

check out my planning piccies if ya like

♥jane♥

♥jane♥

Wedding Guru

• Members
  • 24015 posts
I think it looks great too - I'm having all 3 of those colours but with some pink added too smile.gif

Guest_mrsmilestobe_*

Guest_mrsmilestobe_*
  • Guests
Hi, we are having chocolate, ivory with hints of gold and mocha.

the men are in chocolate brown tails with gold colour waistcoats and brown cravats, my bridesmaids (i think) will be in mocha colour dresses with a chocolate sash and we will all have ivory roses. it all looks lovely together and i prefer brown to black. xx

Guest_mrsmilestobe_*

Guest_mrsmilestobe_*
  • Guests
QUOTE (mrswalker2b86 @ Oct 4 2008, 05:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hi chik

i am having choc brown gold and ivory theme

it looks fabulous

my men are in choc brown suits with ivory cravat gold cravat and choc brown cravat

my centrepices 2 brown n gold

my favours will b ivory boxes 4 ladies brown chests for the men decorated with gold

and im having brown n cream alternated chair covers

check out my planning piccies if ya like

Hi, what colour are you bridesmaid dresses and sash? those are the kinds of colours i like. x

**MrsWalker86**

**MrsWalker86**

Wedding Whizz

• Members
  • 3537 posts
QUOTE (mrsmilestobe @ Oct 5 2008, 02:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi, what colour are you bridesmaid dresses and sash? those are the kinds of colours i like. x

the main colour is taupe and the sash is latte

Guest_mrsmilestobe_*

Guest_mrsmilestobe_*
  • Guests
QUOTE (mrswalker2b86 @ Oct 5 2008, 03:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the main colour is taupe and the sash is latte

they are lovely x x

**MrsWalker86**

**MrsWalker86**

Wedding Whizz

• Members
  • 3537 posts
QUOTE (mrsmilestobe @ Oct 5 2008, 02:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
they are lovely x x

they were a bargain 2

119 each but they come in over 54 colour combinations you want

Guest_mrsmilestobe_*

Guest_mrsmilestobe_*
  • Guests
QUOTE (mrswalker2b86 @ Oct 5 2008, 03:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
they were a bargain 2

119 each but they come in over 54 colour combinations you want

oo, where from? i have seen some lovely dresses but they are 170 each!!!! way over our budget as i have 4 bridesmaids! x

**MrsWalker86**

**MrsWalker86**

Wedding Whizz

• Members
  • 3537 posts
QUOTE (mrsmilestobe @ Oct 5 2008, 02:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
oo, where from? i have seen some lovely dresses but they are 170 each!!!! way over our budget as i have 4 bridesmaids! x

there stocked in a local wedding dress shop but
im sure they are forever yours

yea jus checked here is the link for ya

forever yours

ya need 2 clik on the expressions bm section

Edited by mrswalker2b86, 05 October 2008 - 02:41 PM.

Guest_Monse_*

Guest_Monse_*
  • Guests
QUOTE (MrsGilbert2b @ Oct 4 2008, 03:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What do you think of this colour scheme??

My colour scheme has changed ALOT over the last couple of weeks!

I was thinking of having just Ivory and Gold but I think my bridesmaids would love to be in Brown and we could have gold accents too which would complement them.

Im not too sure though,

has anyone else had this colour scheme?

xxxxxxxx

Hi I have recently made some wedding invitations in those colours, brown, gold and ivory for a customer... and the colours look really nice together... take a look at our website called Amor Designs www.amorinvites.com
If you havent already got your invitations or you want some ideas I am pleased to help you out x

ni_bride

ni_bride

Forum Star

• Members
  • 1129 posts
These are my colours too!

Feel free to have a nosy at my planning pics - have most of my ideas and thngs I found that I like in there x

*Missy Bomb*

*Missy Bomb*

Wedding Whizz

• Members
  • 2951 posts
this is my finalised colour scheme ive been through many options but this sealed thedeal when i choose my dress and hubby2B choose his suit which is ivory with ivory cravat ivory waistcoat with gold sparkles the bestmen,ushers,our 2boys, my dad and hubby2Bs dad are wearing brown suits same waistcoat but brown cravats.bridesmaid still not decided but my chief bridesmaid is going to be a little different from the other bridesmaids..chair covers areivory with brown sashes and just added all other bits in with the scheme..doing all my own stationery too..

♥jane♥

♥jane♥

Wedding Guru

• Members
  • 24015 posts
QUOTE (MrsAnsley2B @ Oct 19 2008, 09:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
this is my finalised colour scheme ive been through many options but this sealed thedeal when i choose my dress and hubby2B choose his suit which is ivory with ivory cravat ivory waistcoat with gold sparkles the bestmen,ushers,our 2boys, my dad and hubby2Bs dad are wearing brown suits same waistcoat but brown cravats.bridesmaid still not decided but my chief bridesmaid is going to be a little different from the other bridesmaids..chair covers areivory with brown sashes and just added all other bits in with the scheme..doing all my own stationery too..

Where did you get the mens suits from?

Jilly3417

Jilly3417

Forum Star

• Members
  • 1259 posts
Hi all - we are having the same colour scheme as well.

I am struggling a bit to find brown mens suits - pref chocolate brown - we have looked at hiring them but because we are getting married away and then also want them for the party when we get back it will probably work out cheaper to buy - I just cant find any anywhere - anyone got any ideas? x

*Missy Bomb*

*Missy Bomb*

Wedding Whizz

• Members
  • 2951 posts
QUOTE (jane83 @ Oct 20 2008, 09:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Where did you get the mens suits from?

we are hiring ours from a place called Parkers my hubbys is costing 160 which is ivory and the chocolate brown ones are 99 abd the little ones are 60 all come with shirt waistcoats cravats cufflinks really good price i think..

*Missy Bomb*

*Missy Bomb*

Wedding Whizz

• Members
  • 2951 posts
QUOTE (Jilly3417 @ Oct 20 2008, 10:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi all - we are having the same colour scheme as well.

I am struggling a bit to find brown mens suits - pref chocolate brown - we have looked at hiring them but because we are getting married away and then also want them for the party when we get back it will probably work out cheaper to buy - I just cant find any anywhere - anyone got any ideas? x

i found chocolate brown suits quiet hard to find we are hiring them look at the abovepost for more details

♥jane♥

♥jane♥

Wedding Guru

• Members
  • 24015 posts
Do you think chocolate suits would look too much when the bridesmaids will be in chocolate?

Guest_MrsGilbert2b_*

Guest_MrsGilbert2b_*
  • Guests
QUOTE (jane83 @ Oct 20 2008, 12:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Do you think chocolate suits would look too much when the bridesmaids will be in chocolate?

Thats a good point, what about the bridesmaids in gold then? or is that too risky?

♥jane♥

♥jane♥

Wedding Guru

• Members
  • 24015 posts
QUOTE (MrsGilbert2b @ Oct 20 2008, 04:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thats a good point, what about the bridesmaids in gold then? or is that too risky?

Not sure smile.gif
I think brown would really suit my sisters so may put the guys in a grey tailcoat, brown or gold waistcoat... and then brown or gold cravat to be opposite to the waistcoat. I've seen a lovely brown waistcoat on Burtons website... here it is

Edited by jane83, 20 October 2008 - 03:35 PM.

Guest_Mrs T Rackham_*

Guest_Mrs T Rackham_*
  • Guests
Hi
I had ivory, brown and terrotta for my october wedding.

I had my flowers girls half in ivory and brown skirts and the mens worn brown suits.

x

Guest_mrsmilestobe_*

Guest_mrsmilestobe_*
  • Guests
hi ive ordered the grooms/ushers suits, we are having chocolate brown tails, with a gold colour waistcost and they look lovely. we have hired ours from a shop in Kent but im sure lots of places do them. i prefer brown to black, it is a warmer colour for a spring/summer wedding.

i was also going to have my bridesmaids in brown but when they tried the dresses on next to the brown suits, it looked really dark so now i have gone for a pale gold colour for my bridesmaids which looks lovely. x

♥jane♥

♥jane♥

Wedding Guru

• Members
  • 24015 posts
QUOTE (mrsmilestobe @ Oct 22 2008, 03:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hi ive ordered the grooms/ushers suits, we are having chocolate brown tails, with a gold colour waistcost and they look lovely. we have hired ours from a shop in Kent but im sure lots of places do them. i prefer brown to black, it is a warmer colour for a spring/summer wedding.

i was also going to have my bridesmaids in brown but when they tried the dresses on next to the brown suits, it looked really dark so now i have gone for a pale gold colour for my bridesmaids which looks lovely. x

A well-known shop?

*Missy Bomb*

*Missy Bomb*

Wedding Whizz

• Members
  • 2951 posts
QUOTE (mrsmilestobe @ Oct 22 2008, 03:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

im opting for a lighter brown with ivory bits added to them or mite even go opisite as yet still tryin to find the pefect dresses for them i saw a really nice impression bridesmaid dress but we went to have a try on but it was awful on i was gutted x

~MrsH~

~MrsH~

Forum Star

• Members
  • 1213 posts
QUOTE (ni_bride @ Oct 5 2008, 09:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
These are my colours too!

Feel free to have a nosy at my planning pics - have most of my ideas and thngs I found that I like in there x

Can you tell me where the gold colour bridesmaid dress' on page three are from?

Guest_mrsmilestobe_*

Guest_mrsmilestobe_*
  • Guests
QUOTE (jane83 @ Oct 22 2008, 05:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A well-known shop?

no, it is just a little shop called Birchington Brides. i know Moss Bros do Brown suits but they dont do tails.