Welcome to Wedding Ideas Chat
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

How long does a church wedding usually last?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

Guest_MrsSmith2b09_*

Guest_MrsSmith2b09_*
  • Guests
It's a Church of England church and as far as i know we'll have the usual hymns and readings! How long does it normally all last? I dont have meeting with the vicar until February but I'm trying to be Miss Organised smile.gif

Thanks, Becka x

Guest_Mrs Ho-Ho-Hough To Be_*

Guest_Mrs Ho-Ho-Hough To Be_*
  • Guests
I think C of E weddings are shorter than Catholic weddings and a Catholic one is usually around 45 mins depending on how many readings you have. I'd allow 1 hour for it

kim_27

kim_27

Wedding Whizz

• Members
  • 2708 posts
Church of England weddings I've been to lasted approximately 45 min. It'll depend on how many hymms and readings you have.

devlinio

devlinio

Forum Star

• Members
  • 1214 posts
about an hour i think

Fishface

Fishface

Wedding Guru

• Monitors
  • 22287 posts
I'm hoping my wedding will be about 35-40 mins long. It's probably best to allow an hour though, just in case you're late to the church or something

Guest_MrsSmith2b09_*

Guest_MrsSmith2b09_*
  • Guests
Brilliant-thank you everyone I shall estimate it as an hour just incase!xx

Mascara

Mascara

Wedding Whizz

• Wedding Ideas advertisers
  • 3722 posts
30-45 minutes for the ceremony, depending on number of hymns/readins. Additional 15 mins for the signing.

MrsLawson2B

MrsLawson2B

• Members
  • 284 posts
I'm getting married in a C of E church and at the meeting I had there they said it was normally 30mins. A catholic one is 1 hour xxx

Mollymoo

Mollymoo

Mr and Mrs Lane

• Members
  • 27891 posts
Ours was short for a church service - 30 mins. I think about 35-45 mins is usual length. I have been to one that was an hour and a half blink.gif

Guest_Weeheat_*

Guest_Weeheat_*
  • Guests
35 to 40 mins xx

moon fairy

moon fairy

Drink anyone?

• Members
  • 12009 posts
Ours was around 40mins

~~Squiggle B~~

~~Squiggle B~~

the mad dress woman!!

• Members
  • 17959 posts
ours will be 45 minutes

Angela Louise

Angela Louise

Posting Pro

• Members
  • 979 posts
QUOTE (MrsSmith2b09 @ Nov 27 2008, 06:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's a Church of England church and as far as i know we'll have the usual hymns and readings! How long does it normally all last? I dont have meeting with the vicar until February but I'm trying to be Miss Organised smile.gif

Thanks, Becka x

I had C0fE and it was 40-45 minutes ish. That was with three hymns but only one reading.

Edited by Angela Louise, 28 November 2008 - 06:33 AM.