Welcome to Wedding Ideas Chat
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Length of Service (Church Wedding)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

Mrs Rambo

Mrs Rambo

Master Planner

• Members
  • 5481 posts
Hello all

I need to arrange for transport to take my guests from the church to the hotel and the coach company we are using have asked for timings. We are going to do a trial run over the weekend to get an idea how long the journey will take but he wants to know what time we are planning to leave the church.

The wedding is at 1pm, how long is a standard Christian service, with 2 readings and 3 hymns? I have no clue, I guessed at about 45mins, I just don't pay attention to how long I've been in church when I go to a wedding, has anyone got any idea?

We wanted to be at the reception for about 3pm so we think we will need to leave the church at about 2.35/2.40 to get to the hotel. But how long will this leave for photo's at the church?

Arrgghh I hate trying to work out timings!

Any help appreciated!

Z x

MrsGriff

MrsGriff

Wedding Whizz

• Members
  • 3400 posts
Hi! I've left an hour for church service (just incase i'm fashionably late) and another 1/2 hour for photo's and chatting xxx

Guest_Lozboony_*

Guest_Lozboony_*
  • Guests
ours was about 45 mins but then there's photos or people congratulating you outside for a little while

L x

Elsie

Elsie

I'm carrying the watermelon!

• Members
  • 4416 posts
Our service was at 1pm (and started at 1pm - I can't be late for anything!) We were out by 1:30 I think - our vicar seemed to be in a rush. I think we spent about 40 min doing photos and talking to people outside the church.

We had planned for the service to be 45 min - or for me to be late, so we had extra time and did more photos at the church then we planned.

I think i would estimate at 1hr 15 from when you walk down the aisle. People like to wave you off from the church so if the coach is just about to arrive when you are ready to go to the venue it won't hurt, as long as its not trying to get in as you are trying to get out.

♥jane♥

♥jane♥

Wedding Guru

• Members
  • 24015 posts
I've allowed an hour for a CoE wedding, if it's a catholic wedding they take much longer

Polar_Bear

Polar_Bear

Posting Pro

• Members
  • 605 posts
My Vicar said 2 Hymns 30 mins and 3 Hymns 45 mins.

I know a hymn doesn't take 15 mins but with the extra bits around it those are the times apparently.

This if for a COE wedding.

Fishface

Fishface

Wedding Guru

• Monitors
  • 22287 posts
I'd say 45mins, that's how long ours is estimated for. Then an hour for photos

*Missy Bomb*

*Missy Bomb*

Wedding Whizz

• Members
  • 2951 posts
Our priest has said around 45mins for service we are having catholic wedding we are opting out of mass..
Didnt really think about photos after.. blink.gif
x

Mrs Rambo

Mrs Rambo

Master Planner

• Members
  • 5481 posts
Thanks ladies that give me something to be working with!

Time to get planning (again!)