Welcome to Wedding Ideas Chat
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Music to walk down the aisle to?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
26 replies to this topic

Guest_Clairelb_*

Guest_Clairelb_*
  • Guests
Hi all,

Can people out there please let me know what music they'll be waking down the aisle to. We're having a civil ceremony in a hotel and I'm thinking that 'here comes the bride...' is a little too churchy - or am I wrong. I'd like something chilled out bu not too slow (I'm dreading that bit most of all so just want to see H2B & get to the front!)

Any ideas would help to de-stress!!

Thanks all
x

*MrsH*

*MrsH*

Posting Pro

• Members
  • 699 posts
I am having a hotel civil ceremony and I am walking down the aisle to Canon in D Minor.

Spangles

Spangles

Forum Star

• Members
  • 1088 posts
I'm also having Pachelbel Canon in D! It's a very popular song nowadays!

xx

gail

gail

Minx

• Members
  • 23754 posts
I had Elvis Presley - Can't help falling in love. It's one of our songs, and it was lovely!!

Gail xxxx

MrsSmeds

MrsSmeds

Forum Star

• Members
  • 1940 posts
Offenbach's Barcarolle. I can't stand Here comes the Bride!

Guest_norfolkbride_*

Guest_norfolkbride_*
  • Guests
We are having Songbird by All Angels.

chicolatino

chicolatino

Forum Star

• Members
  • 1900 posts
having Nella Fantasia by Ill divo.

Guest_wide_eyed_webster2b_*

Guest_wide_eyed_webster2b_*
  • Guests
i would like heaven by dj sammy smile.gif i think the woords are beautiful and you can walk to your own pace. x

wendy woo

wendy woo

Posting Pro

• Members
  • 800 posts
Take That - Rule the World, cheesy but the words were very apt for what we were going through a year or so ago

Guest_dalyclarke2b_*

Guest_dalyclarke2b_*
  • Guests
We are having the instrumental version of Des-ree's Kissing You from Romeo & Juliet. Took me ages to find but I love it, gives me goosebumps everytime.

bettyboo

bettyboo

Planning Princess

• Members
  • 8362 posts
Hiya, we have a thread of loads of suggestions i will bounce it so you can have a look, hopefully it will help x

Guest_Clairelb_*

Guest_Clairelb_*
  • Guests
QUOTE (Miss_Solo @ Apr 23 2009, 12:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am having a hotel civil ceremony and I am walking down the aisle to Canon in D Minor.

This seems a popular one - I'd thought that i'd have this too but then H2B said it wasn't very 'me'. I did remind him that I've never walked down an aisle to get married before!!!

Thank you - think you've made my mind up for me

Guest_Clairelb_*

Guest_Clairelb_*
  • Guests
QUOTE (wendy woo @ Apr 23 2009, 12:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Take That - Rule the World, cheesy but the words were very apt for what we were going through a year or so ago

I just love this song - I was thinking of having this as our first dance. Like you say, the words are fab - and there's nothing wrong with a bit of 'cheesy' at a wedding!!!

Spuddy

Spuddy

HRH Wedding Ideas!

• Members
  • 19537 posts
TBH I don't even think I heard the music on the day

We had a classical duet play and it was meant to be Canon In D for my ailse song and then Eva Cassidy Songbird for the signing and then I told them to choose for leaving back down the aisle

Must dig the DVD out tonight and see what they played .. although I do remember the BM's went down before their cue as such and then we where all down the aisle really quickly

jimmy's wife

jimmy's wife

Master Planner

• Members
  • 6027 posts

We had bagpipes!

MrsBBB

MrsBBB

Forum Star

• Members
  • 1633 posts
We're having an instrumental version of the "J'taime" song - you know the one with all the moaning in it from the 70's? It's really beautiful and very cheeky once people realise what it is!

mrslinguist aka MrsDG

mrslinguist aka MrsDG

Forum Star

• Members
  • 2479 posts
I am having this -----> http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

couldn't find the original on You Tube but it is more piano-ey if you knwo what I mean??

Edited by miss Linguist, 23 April 2009 - 02:29 PM.

mummy J

mummy J

Wedding Whizz

• Members
  • 4984 posts
We had this

One of my freiends had this which i love love love, its a love song, check the subtitles out.

cymru mam

cymru mam

Wedding Whizz

• Members
  • 3043 posts
Westlife - you raise me up.

Guest_Trish_414_*

Guest_Trish_414_*
  • Guests
Im having your the inspiration - Chicago

Guest_hjamie_*

Guest_hjamie_*
  • Guests

I found an instrumental version of 'Can you feel the love tonight' which is really haunting and beautiful. Found myself with tears in my eyes at the bit that gets louder, which would be when I walked down the aisle behind my 2 bridesmaids.

Have had to listern to it loads of times to get used to it but it is absolutely beautiful.

Found it on a cd called The Essential Wedding Collection on the Decca label, in my local music shop in York. It has both music for religious ceremonies and music for civil ceremonies, so know it will be ok with the registrar.

Hope this helps.

Hx

MrsPumpkin

MrsPumpkin

Forum Star

• Members
  • 1990 posts
We're having "From This Moment On" by Shania Twain - I cry everytime I hear it laugh.gif I'm gonna be a gibbering wreck on the day!!!

MrsMaltby

MrsMaltby

Forum Star

• Monitors
  • 2046 posts
I'm having this

like the lyrics but don't know if we will have an instrumental version with singing.

Mrs_Gabbit

Mrs_Gabbit

Forum Star

• Members
  • 1690 posts
I fell in love with 'Everything' by Lifehouse when i first heard it many, many years ago. I use to sit in my room listening to it and dream of feeling that way about someone some day, each time i met a guy i thought i loved i would listen to the song and realise i didn't love them at all until h2b came along, when i heard this song again for the first time after we started seeing each other i knew i had found the one, the lyrics exactly epitomize how i feel about him and there is no way i would down the aisle to anything else. It is perfect!

Lou xxx

mrs pugwash

mrs pugwash

Posting Pro

• Members
  • 901 posts
i had truly, madly, deeply savage gardens cause the words are beautiful and mean alot to me and hubby x

HevTT

HevTT

• Members
  • 264 posts
We had Come What May from Moulin Rouge.

The words of the first verse are just so appropriate. I had the first verse printed onto postcards and left on every chair for guests to take away with them. It brings a tears to my eyes and smile to my face every time I hear it.....even now as I type after finding it on You Tube laugh.gif

Hev x

kateyP2b

kateyP2b

• Members
  • 162 posts
We're having a church wedding so will have the traditional "here comes the bride" when walking down the aisle but we're having Canon in D major playing when we sign the register

Edited by kateyP2b, 24 April 2009 - 03:06 PM.