Welcome to Wedding Ideas Chat
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Invites for reception when we get home?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

Emmsie

Emmsie

• Members
  • 9 posts

Hi, We are getting married at Christmas and are having a party upon our return in the New year, Wasnt sure what kind of invites to send out?
Can anyone help? I cant find any for wedding party or reception, They seem to be evening or day invites?
Maybe it should just be party invites?

nina

nina

Wedding Whizz

• Members
  • 3574 posts

have you thought about making your own ?

Or I'm sure one of the talented stationery ladies here could help you

Emmsie

Emmsie

• Members
  • 9 posts
QUOTE (nina @ Aug 16 2009, 03:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
have you thought about making your own ?

Or I'm sure one of the talented stationery ladies here could help you

Hi, thanks ,Yea i did think bout making my own but when we counted the numbers it was around 200...
Trying to juggle work and a 19mth old im finding the planning sstressful enough! haha.. just think i might start something i wont finish!!

I looked at Vista print, they seem to have invite and u can put ur own wording on...Just not sure how to word it all..!!

Guest_Mrs Midgetjens_*

Guest_Mrs Midgetjens_*
  • Guests
We had ours made and just had evening invitation put on them since it was an evening party.

Mrs_Jess

Mrs_Jess

• Members
  • 23 posts
Hiya, i had the same problem at not being able to find what we wanted.
We had made our own invites for the wedding out in Cyprus, using photos of me & hubby when we were kids.
Our party is in October, so i made our invites for that using one of our wedding photos with no wording on the outside. On the inside i made up a wee rhyme. I had about 100 or so to make and maybe took a couple of days to do.
Why not ask some of your friends to help you make them? Good excuse for a get together.
Hope this helps.
Ann

Butterfly Mummy

Butterfly Mummy

yummy yummy!!! anyone wanna piece?

• Members
  • 11588 posts
Hi. I made our invites, to our UK reception. We had an evening 'do' a month after our abroad wedding. Worded as follows:

Mr. and Mrs. Kinch
invite you to celebrate the recent marriage of
their daughter Claire
to Chris Kenham-Jones
which took place on the 21st Feb 2007
at Crystal River, Florida.

The evening reception will be held at
TSC, Southern Gardens, Totton...
on March 24th 2007
at 19:00

The 'Bride' and bridesmaids will be wearing their dresses.

RSVP .....

Hope that helps.

xx xx xx

Emmsie

Emmsie

• Members
  • 9 posts
QUOTE (Butterfly Mummy @ Aug 16 2009, 09:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi. I made our invites, to our UK reception. We had an evening 'do' a month after our abroad wedding. Worded as follows:

Mr. and Mrs. Kinch
invite you to celebrate the recent marriage of
their daughter Claire
to Chris Kenham-Jones
which took place on the 21st Feb 2007
at Crystal River, Florida.

The evening reception will be held at
TSC, Southern Gardens, Totton...
on March 24th 2007
at 19:00

The 'Bride' and bridesmaids will be wearing their dresses.

RSVP .....

Hope that helps.

xx xx xx

I like that indeed...Thankyou....
We were thinking of having our party the week after we return, Can i ask why you decided later and was it better to do it later i havent even thought of doing it later but im now thinking maybe that would be better, especially with it being so soon after new year?

Butterfly Mummy

Butterfly Mummy

yummy yummy!!! anyone wanna piece?

• Members
  • 11588 posts
QUOTE (Emmsie @ Aug 17 2009, 03:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I like that indeed...Thankyou....
We were thinking of having our party the week after we return, Can i ask why you decided later and was it better to do it later i havent even thought of doing it later but im now thinking maybe that would be better, especially with it being so soon after new year?

It just suited us better to have it then, plus it was a double celebration - it was the same day as my parents wedding anniversary.

xx xx xx

MrsAngel1972

MrsAngel1972

Forum Star

• Members
  • 2004 posts
I used "Evening Invitation" on the outside and the inside put:

Theresa and Andrew invite
to XXXXX hotel
on the 29th August 2009
at 7pm with BBQ served at 8pm
in order to celebrate their marriage
which took place on 22nd July 2009 in Lanzartote.

We returned from Lanzarote on the 31st July and I decided I wanted to give myself a month to get ready for the party nd also be sure I had my photo's and dvd so we can set up the laptop so those that didn't come can see our wedding.

Plus August Bank Holiday weekend has a special meaning to us as a couple.