Welcome to Wedding Ideas Chat
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

lots of artificial roses, organza rolls, fairy lights, bunting

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

MrsKnight2B

MrsKnight2B

• Members
  • 40 posts
i am thinking of decorating some artificial bay bushes for our reception venue and i want to put burgandy and ivory roses in it but i will need about 40 in each colour. i can't find them anywhere for a reasonable price (the lowest i have found is 2 per flower) does anyone know anywhere i can get some? I live in kent but have family in leicestershire and south wales so can get things from a wide area.

i also want organza fabric on rolls in burgandy and ivory (i have found rolls of 25metres in hobbycraft for 10 each) but was wondering if anyone knows anywhere to get bigger rolls or a cheaper price?

also looking for battery operated fairy lights for my bay bushes. any ideas?

finally i was thinking about maybe having bunting on the ceiling in either a white/ivory colour or burgandy and ivory but it's quite a big space so i would need about 50metres. anyone know where i could get some?

sorry about all this, i had a sudden brain wave last night inspired by all you girls hence all the things i'm looking for.

Hope you can help

only 5 weeks to go till the big day!!!!! laugh.gif

cymru mam

cymru mam

Wedding Whizz

• Members
  • 3043 posts
QUOTE (MrsKnight2B @ Nov 14 2009, 10:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i am thinking of decorating some artificial bay bushes for our reception venue and i want to put burgandy and ivory roses in it but i will need about 40 in each colour. i can't find them anywhere for a reasonable price (the lowest i have found is 2 per flower) does anyone know anywhere i can get some? I live in kent but have family in leicestershire and south wales so can get things from a wide area.

i also want organza fabric on rolls in burgandy and ivory (i have found rolls of 25metres in hobbycraft for 10 each) but was wondering if anyone knows anywhere to get bigger rolls or a cheaper price?

finally i was thinking about maybe having bunting on the ceiling in either a white/ivory colour or burgandy and ivory but it's quite a big space so i would need about 50metres. anyone know where i could get some?

sorry about all this, i had a sudden brain wave last night inspired by all you girls hence all the things i'm looking for.

I need to have a dig but I know I have a quantity of ivory roses that I havent sold yet so I will have a look and come back to you - probably be Monday as my daughters birthday tommorrow.

Hope you can help

strictlyharibo

strictlyharibo

Wedding Whizz

• Members
  • 2995 posts
QUOTE (MrsKnight2B @ Nov 14 2009, 10:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

do they have to be artificial because ebay do really cheap paper ones - here. they do ivory too. also there are artificial ones if you want them on ebay

slightly cheaper here but think ebay would be your best bet

here or here

is this what you mean?

Hope you can help

Edited by strictlyharibo, 15 November 2009 - 12:13 AM.

Octoberbride

Octoberbride

Wedding Whizz

• Members
  • 2877 posts
try hobbycraft i got some organza in there and they definetly have bunting and artificial roses

Mrs Henderson

Mrs Henderson

Wedding Whizz

• Members
  • 3159 posts
Ebay!!!

Mrs Christmas Fairy

Mrs Christmas Fairy

Wedding Whizz

• Members
  • 4822 posts
http://www.weddingma..._prod_1374.html

heres a link someone posted on another topic and i remembered you.

hth

x

sampanther

sampanther

Finally a Mummy!

• Members
  • 6852 posts
Ebay for the flowers,
Bunting... really easy to make yourself if you have the time, just need fabric (scraps or off the roll) and some biased binding ribbon, and a sewing machine, though i reckon you could use that hemming glue if you don't have one. x x x x
Good luck x x x

Mrs Henderson

Mrs Henderson

Wedding Whizz

• Members
  • 3159 posts
Organza Rolls: 6.00 for 25m
http://cgi.ebay.co.u...E:X:AAQ:GB:1123

Sainsburys have some battery operated fairy lights for 1.99, for 10 lights. White and Red.

For flowers try Sarah's Flowers. highly recommended. smile.gif

MrsKnight2B

MrsKnight2B

• Members
  • 40 posts
hi ladies.

thanks for all the help. i think i've got it all sorted now.
i reckon i'll have a go at making my own bunting and then i know i can get it exactly how i want it in the right shades.

you've all bee soooooo helpful!!!!

THANK YOU XXX