Welcome to Wedding Ideas Chat
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Running Thread

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1440 replies to this topic

Hannahbella

Hannahbella

Planning Princess

• Members
  • 9663 posts
Hi ladies I thought I would start a thread for us runners who like to pound the streets or the dreadmill (as Kat calls it laugh.gif ) where we can share any tips and updates on our training.

Well the snow has gone here, yippee biggrin.gif and I'm going to head out for a run first thing in the morning for the first time this year. I can't believe how excited I am and how much I got itchy feet from not being able to go. I obviously do enjoy it laugh.gif

I usually do a 6 miler on the weekend but don't think I'll be able to manage anywhere near that so will do a short 3 miler to get me started again.

Also this has got me thinking, I usually do 2 x 5 miles and 1 x 6 mile (this is my long run but haven't been able to progress the distance any further due to the snow). Do you think my short runs are too long and I should be aiming for something like a 4 miler?

Also do I do one of these short runs as a HIIT run? If so, how do I do that? Do I time myself or do it between lamp posts?

lucyt20

lucyt20

Wedding Whizz

• Members
  • 3914 posts
Well I'm just started out so I can't offer you any advice. I used to run every day but I had an operation in 2007 and after that, I have struggled to get back into a pattern.

I'm determined to run a half marathon, hopefully in this October, so I'm starting my training again but I get frustrated by my slow progress. I'm starting at the moment with run/walk/runs, 30 mins every day until I feel that I can start looking at some distances.

I do wonder if your short runs are too long though as your long run is just another mile (and I don't mean that in a nasty way, a mile is still a mile) but maybe your body is too tired from the other two to increase the distance on the 6 miler. Have you tried doing 3 x 3 miles and then a 6 on the weekend to see if it makes a difference?

Hannahbella

Hannahbella

Planning Princess

• Members
  • 9663 posts
Thanks Lucy, my 6 miler hasn't progressed simply as I haven't been able to get out and do any running due to the snow not because of tiredness. I used to run 3 x 5 miles and then just started in December to increase the distance of the last run as like you I'm hoping to get a half under my belt this year. My aim is to add on an extra half a mile every other week on this run for the next few months and take that to a 10 miler if possible.

Well done at taking running back up again and stick with the walk/run/walk, you'll soon be decreasing the walk times and upping the run time and before you know it you'll be running for the whole 30 mins.

Mrs Pacman

Mrs Pacman

Pacbaby upgrade in process

• Members
  • 19835 posts
QUOTE (Hannahbella @ Jan 15 2010, 02:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi ladies I thought I would start a thread for us runners who like to pound the streets or the dreadmill (as Kat calls it laugh.gif ) where we can share any tips and updates on our training.

Well the snow has gone here, yippee biggrin.gif and I'm going to head out for a run first thing in the morning for the first time this year. I can't believe how excited I am and how much I got itchy feet from not being able to go. I obviously do enjoy it laugh.gif

I usually do a 6 miler on the weekend but don't think I'll be able to manage anywhere near that so will do a short 3 miler to get me started again.

Also this has got me thinking, I usually do 2 x 5 miles and 1 x 6 mile (this is my long run but haven't been able to progress the distance any further due to the snow). Do you think my short runs are too long and I should be aiming for something like a 4 miler?

Also do I do one of these short runs as a HIIT run? If so, how do I do that? Do I time myself or do it between lamp posts?

Great idea, why haven't we done this sooner!

I think the snow is just about cleared here too smile.gif If it is, I'm so running home from work tomorrow afternoon! The dreadmill just isn't as exciting as being outside...

I would aim for 2 or 3 short runs in the week and a long run on weekends personally Han... If your long run is currently 6 miles I'd say 2-3 mile recovery (easy run), 3-4 mile tempo (easy/hard/easy) run, and a HIIT run, which I'd do on time instead of distance, say 5/6 repeats of 2min jog/1min run your guts out (with a warm up and cool down), and then you should be building stamina/speed well for your long run to progress better... If you could only do 3 runs a week I'd alternate the tempo and HIIT runs weekly smile.gif

(I can so talk the talk but not walk the walk laugh.gif)

Mrs Pacman

Mrs Pacman

• Members
  • 19835 posts
QUOTE (lucyt20 @ Jan 15 2010, 02:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well I'm just started out so I can't offer you any advice. I used to run every day but I had an operation in 2007 and after that, I have struggled to get back into a pattern.

I'm determined to run a half marathon, hopefully in this October, so I'm starting my training again but I get frustrated by my slow progress. I'm starting at the moment with run/walk/runs, 30 mins every day until I feel that I can start looking at some distances.

I do wonder if your short runs are too long though as your long run is just another mile (and I don't mean that in a nasty way, a mile is still a mile) but maybe your body is too tired from the other two to increase the distance on the 6 miler. Have you tried doing 3 x 3 miles and then a 6 on the weekend to see if it makes a difference?

Try doing it every other day Lucy, your legs need rest days to heal and strengthen. You should make more progress that way than from overtraining as thats when people end upninuring (thats meant to say injuring, wtf? laugh.gif) themselves. there's nothing wrong with run/walk/run, I still do it alot if I'm just not 'feeling it', and it's definitely the best way to progress quickly smile.gif

Edited by Mrs Katkins, 15 January 2010 - 02:54 PM.

Mrs Pacman

Mrs Pacman

• Members
  • 19835 posts
Well, I started running this time last year, and I keep thinking I haven't achieved much but I guess looking back, I definitely have, I couldn't run for one minute back then and now (even after losing fitness over the last couple of months) I can happily run for 40 mins, so that's not to be laughed at!

My speed is nothing compared to Han's, or what it could be, but I'm working on it. I'm intending to do 3 runs a week too, maybe 4 if I have time, and I want to get my speed back up to 10 min mile pace before working on distance...

My aims for this year are to get:
my 5k under 30 mins, (last Mays RFL time was 35 mins so I want to run it this year and smash it)
my 10k under 1hr, (last Septembers Run10k time was 67 mins so again I want to run it this year and smash it)
and to get my long run up to 10 miles (have done 6.5 miles but current long run is about 4 miles)

Like you Lucy, I'm also toying with doing a half by the end of the year...

Hannahbella

Hannahbella

Planning Princess

• Members
  • 9663 posts
QUOTE (Mrs Katkins @ Jan 15 2010, 02:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Great idea, why haven't we done this sooner!

I think the snow is just about cleared here too smile.gif If it is, I'm so running home from work tomorrow afternoon! The dreadmill just isn't as exciting as being outside...

I would aim for 2 or 3 short runs in the week and a long run on weekends personally Han... If your long run is currently 6 miles I'd say 2-3 mile recovery (easy run), 3-4 mile tempo (easy/hard/easy) run, and a HIIT run, which I'd do on time instead of distance, say 5/6 repeats of 2min jog/1min run your guts out (with a warm up and cool down), and then you should be building stamina/speed well for your long run to progress better... If you could only do 3 runs a week I'd alternate the tempo and HIIT runs weekly smile.gif

(I can so talk the talk but not walk the walk laugh.gif)

Ahh I understand, so as I can only fit 3 runs in a week my plan is:

Monday: 1recovery (3 miles),
Thursday: 1 tempo/HIIT (4 miles)
Saturday: 1 long run

With strength training on Tuesday (lower) and Fridays (upper), giving me Weds and Suns as rest. Does that sound ok? Or should I have my recovery run the day after my long run?

Mrs Pacman

Mrs Pacman

• Members
  • 19835 posts
QUOTE (Hannahbella @ Jan 15 2010, 03:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ahh I understand, so as I can only fit 3 runs in a week my plan is:

Monday: 1recovery (3 miles),
Thursday: 1 tempo/HIIT (4 miles)
Saturday: 1 long run

With strength training on Tuesday (lower) and Fridays (upper), giving me Weds and Suns as rest. Does that sound ok? Or should I have my recovery run the day after my long run?

Only thing I'd change is switch your strength training round so your legs can recover on Saturday wink.gif Otherwise, perfick!
EDIT: Ignore! Thought long run was Sunday! Erm, yeah, that's spot on!

Edited by Mrs Katkins, 15 January 2010 - 03:05 PM.

Hannahbella

Hannahbella

Planning Princess

• Members
  • 9663 posts
QUOTE (Mrs Katkins @ Jan 15 2010, 03:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Only thing I'd change is switch your strength training round so your legs can recover on Saturday wink.gif Otherwise, perfick!

What do legs on a Friday night followed by a 6+ mile run on Saturday, are you mad? blink.gif

Mrs Pacman

Mrs Pacman

• Members
  • 19835 posts
QUOTE (Hannahbella @ Jan 15 2010, 03:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What do legs on a Friday night followed by a 6+ mile run on Saturday, are you mad? blink.gif

Lol, see my edit! tongue.gif

Hannahbella

Hannahbella

Planning Princess

• Members
  • 9663 posts
QUOTE (Mrs Katkins @ Jan 15 2010, 03:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lol, see my edit! tongue.gif

I thought blimey this woman is trying to kill me first doing HIIT training and then this! laugh.gif

Cakeylady

Cakeylady

HRH Wedding Ideas!

• Members
  • 14892 posts
What is HIIT training?

I can't wait to get back outside!

Mrs Pacman

Mrs Pacman

• Members
  • 19835 posts
QUOTE (*alex* @ Jan 15 2010, 04:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What is HIIT training?

I can't wait to get back outside!

Have a read of THIS to get an idea, it's basically hardcore interval training wink.gif

Cakeylady

Cakeylady

HRH Wedding Ideas!

• Members
  • 14892 posts
QUOTE (Mrs Katkins @ Jan 15 2010, 04:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Have a read of THIS to get an idea, it's basically hardcore interval training wink.gif

Cheers for that, Made sense what it said. Might try a bit when we go running, but instead of counting time, do it by lampposts......sprint a lamp-post, jog a lamp-post, etc.

We have been out tonight! Running!! There was still a bit of ice, but we walked over those bits and ran the rest. Feel much better now we're out again, and we're off to buy hubby some running shoes tomorrow so more running on Sunday

MrsReeve

MrsReeve

Forum Star

• Members
  • 1293 posts
Hi ladies dont know if I can really call myself a runner but def a jogger!! Have hated this snow as have had itchy feet, where we live the snow has been here since before xmas!!!! sad.gif

and before then was working far tooooo much so havent been out jogging for some time so now the snow is clear and the new year arrived I am getting back into my jogging starting

tomorrow morning biggrin.gif I had gotten up to 6 mins of running/jogging before walking in between before I stopped so will probably be back to square 1 when I start again of just a

couple of minutes.I find it so strange how excited I seem to get about jogging though, laugh.gif think its because afterwards Im shocked that I can achieve such a thing laugh.gif

This year Im hoping to build up to run/jog a 3km race for life in the summer, im sure doesnt sound like much but huge for me for a first challenge!!!

Schedule for this week around work is, Jog sat morning, Jog sunday morning, jog wednesday evening, thursday evening, friday morning/evening, sat evening. biggrin.gif if all goes to plan

Hannahbella

Hannahbella

Planning Princess

• Members
  • 9663 posts
QUOTE (MrsReeve2b @ Jan 15 2010, 09:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi ladies dont know if I can really call myself a runner but def a jogger!! Have hated this snow as have had itchy feet, where we live the snow has been here since before xmas!!!! sad.gif

and before then was working far tooooo much so havent been out jogging for some time so now the snow is clear and the new year arrived I am getting back into my jogging starting

tomorrow morning biggrin.gif I had gotten up to 6 mins of running/jogging before walking in between before I stopped so will probably be back to square 1 when I start again of just a

couple of minutes.I find it so strange how excited I seem to get about jogging though, laugh.gif think its because afterwards Im shocked that I can achieve such a thing laugh.gif

This year Im hoping to build up to run/jog a 3km race for life in the summer, im sure doesnt sound like much but huge for me for a first challenge!!!

Schedule for this week around work is, Jog sat morning, Jog sunday morning, jog wednesday evening, thursday evening, friday morning/evening, sat evening. biggrin.gif if all goes to plan

Well done for taking it up and running 6 mins at a time is good, I couldn't even do a minute when I first started.

The only thing I would say from your training is you may be doing a bit much with 4 days on the trott especially with doing the same exercise. I would recommend having a rest day on the Friday evening especially as you are running first thing on the saturday.

Hannahbella

Hannahbella

Planning Princess

• Members
  • 9663 posts
Well I went out this morning at 7.30am and loved it! I can't believe I actually missed running and enjoyed being back out. I only did a short three miler at 9min 30 secs a mile pace. My HR monitor was wierd though, I felt comfortable but according to my monitor my HR was 180 blink.gif so I can safely say that my montior works and obviously running is my thing to get my HR up.

I also had my runn 101 running songs cd on and really enjoyed listening to it and had to stop the urge to put my water bottle down and have a boogie laugh.gif

Edited by Hannahbella, 16 January 2010 - 10:22 AM.

Mrs Pacman

Mrs Pacman

• Members
  • 19835 posts
Welcome to the thread MrsReeve2be smile.gif I'd agree with Han, make it 4 walk/runs a week and you'll probably progress much better, your legs need the rest days to recover and strengthen...

Han, I really need to get that CD, and wowsers on that heart rate! You were obviously pumping adrenaline from being able to get back out there laugh.gif

I didn't make it to the gym last night, total underestimation of how long it would take to cook and deliver lasagnes to the invalids house... But I have my kit with me and I'm running home at 2, lets see how I do with 3 miles of fresh air after so long on the dreadmill laugh.gif

arcticpenguin

arcticpenguin

Forum Star

• Members
  • 1663 posts
I'd love to go running, but I find it so hard. I started last year, when the weather was a bit nicer, and I did enjoy it - but I could only run for about 100m before I felt like I was dying - and that's no exaggeration! The first time I went out I did 3 miles and it took me an hour laugh.gif I then started going on shorter runs instead, but got bored of it after a while.
Then I joined a gym instead - the interest there didn't last long either, and I'm stuck in a contract until July sad.gif
Not sure whether to try running again or not.

Mrs Pacman

Mrs Pacman

• Members
  • 19835 posts
QUOTE (arcticpenguin @ Jan 16 2010, 11:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'd love to go running, but I find it so hard. I started last year, when the weather was a bit nicer, and I did enjoy it - but I could only run for about 100m before I felt like I was dying - and that's no exaggeration! The first time I went out I did 3 miles and it took me an hour laugh.gif I then started going on shorter runs instead, but got bored of it after a while.
Then I joined a gym instead - the interest there didn't last long either, and I'm stuck in a contract until July sad.gif
Not sure whether to try running again or not.

You're probably trying to run too fast. When you first start out, the rule of thumb is to go at a pace where you feel like pedestrians walking could probably pass you! As you need to build the base level of fitness before you build on speed. If you do fancy giving it another go, have a look at the 'couch to 5k' programme, it's a run/walk programme that builds you up from running for 1 minute at a time right through to running for half an hour... C25K and there's all sorts of podcasts you can download to your ipod to run you through the programme...

arcticpenguin

arcticpenguin

Forum Star

• Members
  • 1663 posts
QUOTE (Mrs Katkins @ Jan 16 2010, 11:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You're probably trying to run too fast. When you first start out, the rule of thumb is to go at a pace where you feel like pedestrians walking could probably pass you! As you need to build the base level of fitness before you build on speed. If you do fancy giving it another go, have a look at the 'couch to 5k' programme, it's a run/walk programme that builds you up from running for 1 minute at a time right through to running for half an hour... C25K and there's all sorts of podcasts you can download to your ipod to run you through the programme...

Hey, thanks that's really useful! I'll have to buy a watch though laugh.gif

Mrs Pacman

Mrs Pacman

• Members
  • 19835 posts
Only half an hour to go and I get to get changed into my kit and run home smile.gif Just checked the weather forecast, it's a tropical (compared to the last few weeks!) 6 degrees outside, whoopee! Though it also says it's raining, and I can't see a single cloud in the sky right now... Go figure!

*Can guarantee now that I'll be arriving home in a crumpled heap after getting too excited, running too fast, and killing myself...*

MrsReeve

MrsReeve

Forum Star

• Members
  • 1293 posts
Afternoon ladies, well went on my morning jog in the rain!!!! Soooo proud of myself and even more so because I jogged further than I ever had previously before stopping to speed walk a little distance biggrin.gif biggrin.gif so overall was out for 15 mins and roughly did about 1.5/2 miles so going to keep doing my route for a couple of weeks then increase the distance biggrin.gif Was so good and felt great afterwards back at it again tomorrow morning, thanx for the advice ladies, dont worry i def wont be overdoing myself I know my limits. biggrin.gif

Mrs Pacman

Mrs Pacman

• Members
  • 19835 posts
QUOTE (MrsReeve2b @ Jan 16 2010, 01:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Afternoon ladies, well went on my morning jog in the rain!!!! Soooo proud of myself and even more so because I jogged further than I ever had previously before stopping to speed walk a little distance biggrin.gif biggrin.gif so overall was out for 15 mins and roughly did about 1.5/2 miles so going to keep doing my route for a couple of weeks then increase the distance biggrin.gif Was so good and felt great afterwards back at it again tomorrow morning, thanx for the advice ladies, dont worry i def wont be overdoing myself I know my limits. biggrin.gif

Good show hun! Try www.mapometer.com or www.fetcheveryone.com if you want to accurately log the distances of your running routes wink.gif x

Mrs Pacman

Mrs Pacman

• Members
  • 19835 posts
Hahahaha....

This time two years ago, I would have struggled to walk home from work.
This time last year, I did my first MINUTE on a treadmill.
Today, I ran the 3 miles home and an EXTRA HALF MILE BECAUSE I WAS ENJOYING MYSELF ohmy.gif

What the hell? laugh.gif

skinniminnie2b

skinniminnie2b

Forum Star

• Members
  • 1483 posts
I'm really glad someone put this on, I've started really taking my running seriously now and have been lacking someone to turn to for sensible advice - the only other person I know who runs much is a lad in work who does marathons!

MrsReeve

MrsReeve

Forum Star

• Members
  • 1293 posts
QUOTE (Mrs Katkins @ Jan 16 2010, 01:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Good show hun! Try www.mapometer.com or www.fetcheveryone.com if you want to accurately log the distances of your running routes wink.gif x

Thanks Katkins they were REALLY useful and I jogged/speed walked 1.42 miles so looking forward to being able to jog all of that, bearing in mind 1/4 of the route is up hill wink.gif laugh.gif

Cakeylady

Cakeylady

HRH Wedding Ideas!

• Members
  • 14892 posts
I use runfinder.co.uk, but might have a look at the others, I don't get on with runfinder sometimes.

Katkins, I bet its amazing for you to look back on how far you've come!

We got hubby some running shoes from the specialist running shop in Loughborough today, can't wait to go out tomorrow and test them!! When we were in the shop, there was a free magazine, so I've brought it home, and I'm inspired to look for another race after our 10k. I thinki it'll keep the motivation up. There is the Hinckley 1/2 marathon in May but there's no way I could go from a 10k on 21st March to 1/2 marathon on 9th May!! So I'm off to look at something more like the 10 mile mark later on in the year

Cakeylady

Cakeylady

HRH Wedding Ideas!

• Members
  • 14892 posts
Han, I know you have a heart rate monitor, what do you think of it?
Does any body else have a heart rate monitor?
Just thinking about getting one for my birthday if they're good

Hannahbella

Hannahbella

Planning Princess

• Members
  • 9663 posts
QUOTE (Mrs Katkins @ Jan 16 2010, 03:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hahahaha....

This time two years ago, I would have struggled to walk home from work.
This time last year, I did my first MINUTE on a treadmill.
Today, I ran the 3 miles home and an EXTRA HALF MILE BECAUSE I WAS ENJOYING MYSELF ohmy.gif

What the hell? laugh.gif

Kat, that is fantastic well done! You sound like me...I think we're getting our running mojo back wink.gif

Edited by Hannahbella, 17 January 2010 - 12:27 AM.

Hannahbella

Hannahbella

Planning Princess

• Members
  • 9663 posts
QUOTE (*alex* @ Jan 16 2010, 11:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Han, I know you have a heart rate monitor, what do you think of it?
Does any body else have a heart rate monitor?
Just thinking about getting one for my birthday if they're good

Hi Alex, I'm on in week one of wearing it but so far have found it useful. It has made me realised how slack I was on the bike and how I could/should have been pushing myself a lot harder. Also even though it was my first run using it today, it made me realise that my HR was high and I needed to take it down a level so I could easily last the distance. I think this will come in useful when I'm doing my longer runs. As I was obviously pushing myself a little too hard to start with.

Also it is nice to know what calories I earnt through my output rather than just estimating on the computer.

Guest_user_left_*

Guest_user_left_*
  • Guests
todays run

its not the best but its a good start xx

natalieluvsjohn

natalieluvsjohn

Master Planner

• Members
  • 5680 posts
I have a question for all you runners, I have tried jogging a few times and I keep getting a real burning sore sensation in my chest its really sore and stops me in my tracks literally, I feel like my body can keep going but I cant because my chest is so sore it almost brings me to tears, I thought it was because I was so unfit but I can last an hour at combat/attack and attack is really quite high impact and I never get this feeling, does anyone know what it is and anyway for me to stop it happening?

Guest_user_left_*

Guest_user_left_*
  • Guests
QUOTE (natalieluvsjohn @ Jan 17 2010, 08:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have a question for all you runners, I have tried jogging a few times and I keep getting a real burning sore sensation in my chest its really sore and stops me in my tracks literally, I feel like my body can keep going but I cant because my chest is so sore it almost brings me to tears, I thought it was because I was so unfit but I can last an hour at combat/attack and attack is really quite high impact and I never get this feeling, does anyone know what it is and anyway for me to stop it happening?

are you breathing properly??

Mrs Pacman

Mrs Pacman

• Members
  • 19835 posts
QUOTE (user_left @ Jan 18 2010, 09:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
are you breathing properly??

I'd agree with that, it sounds like your breathing needs work, try slowing down (often running too fast is the first cause of any problem!) and try counting your breathing so you always breath in and oout as the same foot hits the floor...

Hannahbella

Hannahbella

Planning Princess

• Members
  • 9663 posts
Kat, question for you, do you know if you can get a timed tempo run podcast? As I don't think I'll be able to do it via looking a my watch or relying on hearing it beep.

Mrs Pacman

Mrs Pacman

• Members
  • 19835 posts
QUOTE (Hannahbella @ Jan 18 2010, 09:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Kat, question for you, do you know if you can get a timed tempo run podcast? As I don't think I'll be able to do it via looking a my watch or relying on hearing it beep.

Ooooh, I dunno! I'll have a nose around today.

Mrs Pacman

Mrs Pacman

• Members
  • 19835 posts
Just realised I didn't update properly on my weekend run. It was meant to be a straight 3 miles home, which I deviated to 3.5 miles because I was enjoying being outside smile.gif Had set off in tights, long sleeve, hi-vis jacket, plus headband (can't deal with hats I overheat) and gloves, but ditched the headband and the gloves at about 1.5 miles as I warmed up. Need to find another way to carry phone/keys/etc as jangling around was quite distracting! All worked out at about 11 min mile pace, which isn't fast at all, but was a good speed for me especially when I'm out of practise... Looking forward to extending it bit by bit from here on in, doubt I'll get much further before we go on honeymoon but should be back at 6 miles pretty soon after we get back smile.gif

Guest_user_left_*

Guest_user_left_*
  • Guests
QUOTE (Hannahbella @ Jan 18 2010, 09:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

podrurner intervals???

Mrs Pacman

Mrs Pacman

• Members
  • 19835 posts
QUOTE (user_left @ Jan 18 2010, 10:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
podrurner intervals???

Yeah, that kind of thing, except a tempo session is a much much longer interval, it's like (in my case, I don't know about Han) a mile warm up/easy pace, 2 miles hard fast pace, mile cool down at easy pace... Whereas podrunner intervals tend to work in 4 minute / 2 minute bursts...