Welcome to Wedding Ideas Chat
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Wedding breakfast background music

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

Stacey16

Stacey16

• Members
  • 7 posts
Im looking for a cd that i can play in the background during the meal. Id like maybe instrumental love songs, but all the cds ive seen have got songs on that when u listen to them properly they arn't even romantic songs!

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

x

MrsKyte2B

MrsKyte2B

• Members
  • 100 posts
Hiya, if you like the saxaphone then Kenny G is always a good one xxx

Just found this which sounds like it could be quite good from the track list: http://www.play.com/...es/Product.html

NorthEastWeddingDJ

NorthEastWeddingDJ

Posting Pro

• Members
  • 953 posts
To be honest I dont think any single CD has enough variety on it to appeal to the wide variety of ages and tastes at a wedding over a 2+ hour period of time.

If I am providing Background Music on a separate system I find out a little about the guests and then incorporate a range of music to be played.

If I am doing it myself 'live' then I constantly change and adjust the music, watching people to gauge reactions and make sure the music reflects the tastes. I also play more upbeat music between courses and towards the end of the meal.

The downside of love songs as background music is they tend to be very slow and that can have an effect on the atmosphere, if you want people upbeat, talking, enjoying themselves rather than falling asleep.

It's a difficult balance, but you might be really surprised at a lot of the most popular background music - it doesnt even have to be slow.

Why not make a couple of compilations of music yourself? That way you can personalise what you play to suit what you really want

~icecreamdancer~

~icecreamdancer~

HRH Wedding Ideas!

• Members
  • 15093 posts
We made compilation cd's to play in the background of our meal, and they weren't all love songs... we had everything in there from 60's music to present day, upbeat and a bit slower. It's mostly in the background anyway so i don't think guests will be listening too much to the exact wording. xxx

sarahanderson2b2011

sarahanderson2b2011

Posting Pro

• Members
  • 885 posts
Ive bought the Disney Weddings cd it is all instrumental love songs from various Disney movies.

stash

stash

• Members
  • 283 posts
QUOTE (~icecreamdancer~ @ Mar 29 2010, 10:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We made compilation cd's to play in the background of our meal, and they weren't all love songs... we had everything in there from 60's music to present day, upbeat and a bit slower. It's mostly in the background anyway so i don't think guests will be listening too much to the exact wording. xxx

As Icecream dancer suggests, why not make your own personal compilation CDs so you get exactly what you want? You can also add some of 'your' songs on there to make it more personal or even songs that remind you of family members (particularly ones who sadly cant share your day)?

We are doing this as our tables are named after bands so we are having some tracks by those bands, songs that we love or that are special to us.

mrs pugwash

mrs pugwash

Posting Pro

• Members
  • 901 posts
we made our own as we both have such vast taste in music and was a nice thing to do together. we ended up having a mixture of pirate of the caribbean music with metallica, bon jovi, creed, snow patrol which our guests liked.

MrsEaston2b

MrsEaston2b

• Members
  • 119 posts
Me & H2B have put together our own cd's - we've got one with classical pieces to be played during the receiving line and leading into the wedding breakfast. Then jazz / Kenny G to be played during the wedding breakfast. We thought it would be nice to keep as a momento after the day smile.gif