Welcome to Wedding Ideas Chat
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Bad luck to wear wedding ring before wedding

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
23 replies to this topic

mrslivesey2b

mrslivesey2b

Posting Pro

• Members
  • 851 posts
Does anyone know if it is bad luck to wear your wedding ring before the day? my h2b has said this evening that he wants to start wearing his, I don't mind but I want to see what other people think?

♥zoe♥

♥zoe♥

Wedding Guru

• Members
  • 29413 posts
Being honest I have never heard of anyone wearing there wedding ring before the wedding and I think it's a bit weird to do so, x

mrslivesey2b

mrslivesey2b

Posting Pro

• Members
  • 851 posts
Thats okay, I think my h2b wants to wear it because i'm going away for four months come november with the RAF, so i'm always there with him, all opinions are welcome :)

MrsKaosTheory

MrsKaosTheory

Planning Princess

• Members
  • 9527 posts
I wouldn't say it was bad luck, however I'd possibly think it'd make it a bit less special when you were married if he'd already been wearing it for that long.... xx

PmiG

PmiG

HRH Wedding Ideas!

• Members
  • 18699 posts
Have to agree that it would be make it a bit less special since you aren't married yet... but equally very very sweet that he wants to wear it whilst you are gone :wub: I know a few ppl on here have given their h2b's engagement rings so its kind of similar. Go for it!

MrsBlair2010

MrsBlair2010

Forum Star

• Members
  • 2329 posts
Uhm, never heard of it and think it would be silly to wear one if not married but i guess it's up to you guys. I'm looking forward to the day when H2B slides that ring onto my finger offically and i get to wear for life :):) xx

charliegirl

charliegirl

Forum Star

• Members
  • 1105 posts

Thats okay, I think my h2b wants to wear it because i'm going away for four months come november with the RAF, so i'm always there with him, all opinions are welcome :)

I think that's a really sweet thing he wants to do :wub:

MrsParkhurst2b

MrsParkhurst2b

Posting Pro

• Members
  • 582 posts
Dont think its bad luck but I wouldnt want to, I want to be married when I wear mine.

*snowflake*

*snowflake*

Wedding Whizz

• Members
  • 2605 posts
I don't tink I would like H2b wearing them, just my opinion, cos I think it wouldn't be as special when we DID et to put them on ;) xx

wheresjess

wheresjess

I can't think of anything to write here.

• Members
  • 7955 posts
Maybe buy him a different one to wear so that the wedding ring is still special. That way he still gets to wear one but it saves THE one for the day. :)

♥ Mrs Mack ♥

♥ Mrs Mack ♥

Master Planner

• Members
  • 5876 posts
i've never heard of it how about buying him a different 'engagement' ring instead x

MayWife2011

MayWife2011

Wedding Whizz

• Members
  • 2738 posts
Its very sweet that he wants to do that so he feels close to you!! But its not something i would do or want H2B to do as said above i want that moment we put the rings on for the first time, to be when were stand at that alter. But thats just my opinion i guess its really up to you guys...But like others have suggested how about and engegement ring#??

Nik xx

NICKI23711

NICKI23711

Wedding Whizz

• Members
  • 3707 posts
I would rather he waited till the big day to make it feel more special x

Dave

Dave

Forum Star

• Members
  • 2350 posts
I'm not sure if its bad luck but i wouldnt want H2N wearing his before then wedding were not married til then. Although H2B does have a plain titanium bamd that i bought him when we got engaged so he'd probably wear that. How about buying him a cheaper ring as a symbol of your love for him that he can wear until the day you marry, that way your love is always with him and he doesn damaged or fade the gold of the ring you have for the wedding.

~Lucy~

~Lucy~

Master Planner

• Members
  • 7321 posts
I wouldn't want to wear mine before the wedding, either. Maybe you could buy him a ring to wear while you're gone?

ToriaEmily

ToriaEmily

Wedding Whizz

• Members
  • 2770 posts
i think it is a very sweet sentiment but im not sure i would like h2b wearing it before we were married because i wouold want it to be special for when we were actually married. perhaps you could get him a photo keyring or something so he can look at pictures whenever he likes, i did that for h2b when he went to the falklands and he said it really kept him going. just a thought xx

MrsClark2011

MrsClark2011

Forum Star

• Members
  • 1837 posts
I agree with MrsKaosTheory, don't really believe in susperstition but just think it might take the shine off of it a little (if you'll excuse the pun! :lol: ) x So sweet that he wants to though :wub:

dancing_princess

dancing_princess

Forum Star

• Members
  • 1051 posts
Yeah i think your wedding ring is a sign of being married so would be weird wearing it before the day. Does your h2b have an engagement ring? Maybe buy him a special ring something to have while your away? My h2b has an engagement ring that i chose for him

mrs pugwash

mrs pugwash

Posting Pro

• Members
  • 901 posts
my hubby wore his before the day but its cause was also his engagement ring.......... he has spasms which causes him to fall over so a normal ring wouldnt last so when we got engaged i brought him a tunstan ring which is meant to be indestructable so we kept the same for both. he did however take it off about a month before the wedding to make it special on the day xxx

mrslivesey2b

mrslivesey2b

Posting Pro

• Members
  • 851 posts
Thanks for your comments ladies, we have chatted about it and decided that he won't wear it until the actual day, although I have said if he wants to wear it whilst I'm away then I don't mind :wub: Great to know he's keen to wear it thou lol

Mia Rose

Mia Rose

Master Planner

• Members
  • 6735 posts
At first I couldn't understand his reasoning for wanting to wear it before the big day, but given him going away with the RAF, I think its totally sweet that he wants to wear it whilst he's with you. Aww bless him, he sounds like a yickle luv :wub:

Mia xx

MrsRooney

MrsRooney

Wedding Whizz

• Members
  • 4735 posts
I gave me h2b a engagement ring. It wasnt anything special or flash but it means a lot to him.

Mrs*Jen*Larkin

Mrs*Jen*Larkin

Master Planner

• Wedding Ideas advertisers
  • 5310 posts
Don't think I have ever heard of it being bad luck, but i think it will just make it more special handing it over on the day of the wedding, it will really mean something to you both them, where as if he is planning on wearing it now, it just won't be as exciting! xx

ros3y

ros3y

Forum Star

• Members
  • 1760 posts
that's really sweet that he wants to be reminded of you whilst you're away but as the others have said it wouldn't be as special on the day itself, i got my h2b an engagement ring which he loves as it shows you're together :wub: