Welcome to Wedding Ideas Chat
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

how i met drew

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

princess butterfly

princess butterfly

Posting Pro

• Members
  • 982 posts
hi

the reason i say the true story is because drew and i tell everyone we met through friends because his family would go nuts if they knew the truth and i have always worried about peoples reactions until read someone else post and it gave me the guts to tell how we met.

after a string of bad relationships i decided to try on-line dating, i spoke to quite a few men and drew was one of them along with a bloke called john, i decied to go out with john and thinks wern't right (thats a funny story looking back if anyone wants to here it) when we split up i decied to take a break from men because ihad just been diagnosed with ocd and had kind of had a break down so i needed to put me first, drew and i were still talking online so i explained this to home and said could we just be friends. he said yes.

a couple of weeks later i had hit rock bottom with the ocd and i realy needed a friend so drew was there and we agreed to meet up to talk, so we went to a local park.

we walked and talked and it started to rain so he took his coat off and gave it to me to keep me dry, we then went to his car where he gave me a hug and told me he would help me and protect me and that he realy liked me but he knew it wouldn't go any further but that he relay wanted to help. we talked some more then we walked back to my car and I kissed him in the rain and it was the most amazing kiss i ever had (that sounds cheesey but it relay was)

and the rest is history, the following day I met his mum, a week later he met my mum and dad and a week after that he was looking after ben for me whilst i was working (ben is my brother who is autistic, and becasue a ex of mine who hurt him alot i never introduced him to anyone else)

2 years later I have my ocd more or less under controle although some times are bad (last night) but most important to me i have the man of my dreams and my best friend by my side.

becca
xxx

PS drew and were made for each other we have decied becasue when we stand up his hip fits perfectly in the curve of my waist. lol

13032009x

13032009x

• Members
  • 24 posts
aww that is sooo cute :) i me my fella online and i never been happier to be fair.

xxx

**MrsL**

**MrsL**

Wedding Whizz

• Members
  • 3314 posts
Aww what a lovely story! I met my h2b online too x

Octoberbride

Octoberbride

Wedding Whizz

• Members
  • 2877 posts
i met my h2b online too and we lie to others how we met for the same reasons xx

princess butterfly

princess butterfly

Posting Pro

• Members
  • 982 posts
its horrid isnt it xxx

**MrsL**

**MrsL**

Wedding Whizz

• Members
  • 3314 posts
I don't lie but some people do react funny and look at me like I'm mad! x

Emma Xxx

Emma Xxx

HRH Wedding Ideas!

• Members
  • 10206 posts
:wub: :wub:

Jo-SweetDreams

Jo-SweetDreams

• Members
  • 482 posts
That is such a gorgeous story. I suffer from anxiety and depression so know how it important it is to have someone who totally accepts you and is there for you. Your get together sounds like it's from the movies :wub:

I met my ex husband online. Whenever we told people about how we met they were fine about it. They were quite interested about our first meeting etc. so we were lucky and had a positive reaction.

I'm really pleased for you that you've got the man of your dreams. Sounds like you really deserve it xxx

Mrsp*

Mrsp*

Posting Pro

• Members
  • 745 posts
i met my other half on line too! thank god for plenty of fish!!

rosebaby

rosebaby

Master Planner

• Members
  • 5394 posts
Both my in laws met their new partners online! I think its a shame that you have found that some people react that way, I think such a lot of people meet this way now that it has lost its stigma xx