Welcome to Wedding Ideas Chat
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Memorial wedding poem

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
19 replies to this topic

MayWife2011

MayWife2011

Wedding Whizz

• Members
  • 2738 posts
Hello Ladies,

Im after a memorial poem to put in a fram as on out post box table were going to have a candle and pictures of the people that are no longer with us and we wanted a nice poem in a frame to go with it....Has anyone got any suggestions??

Nik xx

GillH74

GillH74

• Members
  • 253 posts
What a lovely idea.......not seen anything but will keep my eye out and let you know. xxx

Freckles

Freckles

Wedding Whizz

• Members
  • 4963 posts
Though you smile has gone forever
And your hands we cannot touch
still we have so many memories
of the ones we loved so much
your memory is our keepsake
with which we'll never part
god has you in his keeping
we have you in our hearts

although we cannot see you
we know that you are here
smiling down. Watching over us
As we say "I do"
Forever in our hearts
forever in our lives
And so we say our vows
In loving memory of you

MayWife2011

MayWife2011

Wedding Whizz

• Members
  • 2738 posts
I love that freckles and that is the one i found online but im not sure of the bottom bit somethng dosnt sound quite right! iykwim :S xx

Freckles

Freckles

Wedding Whizz

• Members
  • 4963 posts

I love that freckles and that is the one i found online but im not sure of the bottom bit somethng dosnt sound quite right! iykwim :S xx

Know exactly what you mean! I notice it too! I think it's because it doesn't rhyme in the same way as the first verse. I love the first verse though.

RusticRomance

RusticRomance

Forum Star

• Members
  • 1784 posts
The same as Freckles has put but this is what im having on my candles:

Although we cant see you
We know you are here
Smiling down
Watching over us
As we say I Do
Forever in our hearts
Forever in our lives
And so we say our vows
In loving memory of you

Im having this in our OOS, but you could put it in a frame:

In Loving Memory
Today, candles are lit to remember those who left us too soon, but not before gracing us with special memories only they could create. They have helped shape our character, mold our spirits and touch our hearts. We know that they are with us in thought and in spirit today and always. We love them and miss them very much.

GillH74

GillH74

• Members
  • 253 posts
Found this one online

We wish that they could be with us
This very special day
Cause they were like a rush of sun
Before they went away

We lit this candle so that we
Might bring them here awhile
As we remember their bright flame
Their laughter and their smiles

We wish that they could share with us
The happiness we feel
Cause knowing that they knew our joy
Would make it all more real

But even though they are not with us
Their presence is still strong
Cause in their heart we'll always find
The love for which we long

MayWife2011

MayWife2011

Wedding Whizz

• Members
  • 2738 posts

Know exactly what you mean! I notice it too! I think it's because it doesn't rhyme in the same way as the first verse. I love the first verse though.

I love the first bit gonna have to try and reword the second bit to make it fit, a lovely poem thou! xx

MayWife2011

MayWife2011

Wedding Whizz

• Members
  • 2738 posts

The same as Freckles has put but this is what im having on my candles:

Although we cant see you
We know you are here
Smiling down
Watching over us
As we say I Do
Forever in our hearts
Forever in our lives
And so we say our vows
In loving memory of you

Im having this in our OOS, but you could put it in a frame:

In Loving Memory
Today, candles are lit to remember those who left us too soon, but not before gracing us with special memories only they could create. They have helped shape our character, mold our spirits and touch our hearts. We know that they are with us in thought and in spirit today and always. We love them and miss them very much.

Aww that bottom bit made me cry that is so lovely. I would love to have something like that but i have no where to put it :( xx

MayWife2011

MayWife2011

Wedding Whizz

• Members
  • 2738 posts

Found this one online

We wish that they could be with us
This very special day
Cause they were like a rush of sun
Before they went away

We lit this candle so that we
Might bring them here awhile
As we remember their bright flame
Their laughter and their smiles

We wish that they could share with us
The happiness we feel
Cause knowing that they knew our joy
Would make it all more real

But even though they are not with us
Their presence is still strong
Cause in their heart we'll always find
The love for which we long

Aww this is lovely too! :) xx

GillH74

GillH74

• Members
  • 253 posts
Thought this one was nice too.

We thought of you with love today.
But that is nothing new.
We thought about you yesterday.
And days before that too.
We think of you in silence.
We often speak your name.
Now all we have is memories.
And your picture in a frame.
Your memory is our keepsake.
With which we'll never part.
God has you in his keeping.
We have you in our hearts..

MayWife2011

MayWife2011

Wedding Whizz

• Members
  • 2738 posts

But that is nothing new.

I love this :D i think i might get this is a frame for at home as i have one of them frames that has room for two pictures :) xx

Guest_FrenchKiss_*

Guest_FrenchKiss_*
  • Guests

But that is nothing new.

That just made me cry in the office :'(
I'm going to have that written out to put on my Nanny and Grampy's graves with my bouquet the day after the wedding xxx Thank you so much for posting that, it's beautiful xx

*Mrs*Boston*

*Mrs*Boston*

Forum Star

• Members
  • 1111 posts
Gorgeous poems! Got me blubbing though :(

Tracey

Tracey

• Members
  • 156 posts
My dad s no longer with us and I personally would love to have something like that ... But I'm wondering, would people think it a little morbid??

I know I'm going to be an emotional wreck on the day cause dad won't be there giving me away and I think if I or my mum or sisters saw that we'd be blubbering all day!!

I am having a picture of him tied to my bouquet ..,

But it is a lovely idea, maybe I ll sound mum and hubby 2 b out see what they say....A lovely thought though.x

flutterbybutterfly85

flutterbybutterfly85

• Members
  • 93 posts
What a lovely idea, some great suggestions you have been given already. Hope you find one you like x

MayWife2011

MayWife2011

Wedding Whizz

• Members
  • 2738 posts

My dad s no longer with us and I personally would love to have something like that ... But I'm wondering, would people think it a little morbid??

I know I'm going to be an emotional wreck on the day cause dad won't be there giving me away and I think if I or my mum or sisters saw that we'd be blubbering all day!!

I am having a picture of him tied to my bouquet ..,

But it is a lovely idea, maybe I ll sound mum and hubby 2 b out see what they say....A lovely thought though.x

I thought this at first but then i thought stuff it it our wedding, (were doing it for h2b grandparents and a family friend too) Were havine the pictures and a candle and poem on our postbox table. We have also got a box with 3 helium ballons in which we have attached cards to and they are gonna be let off in memory of them. If people think its morbid they dont have to watch but there is no way im not reconising these people on my wedding day as theyve helped me be the person i am today...Ok im off :'( xx

MayWife2011

MayWife2011

Wedding Whizz

• Members
  • 2738 posts

What a lovely idea, some great suggestions you have been given already. Hope you find one you like x

Thanks hun xx

ros3y

ros3y

Forum Star

• Members
  • 1760 posts
we're doing the same at our wedding hun, having a table with candles, a poem and also a hand tied flower arrangement for h2bs mum,
we had some trouble from my uncles widow saying we should have asked her before planning to put his photo up which annoyed me as he's my uncle and it's our wedding plus his daughter is one of our bm's so i thought excuse me i'll put his photo up if i want to! she has a new partner so that's the only reason she doesn't want to see it as she has no photos in the house of him and she doesn't care less about him :( sorry for hijacking the thread with my mini rant just annoyed and upset me a bit!

i love all the poems! will have to show h2b and see what he thinks is the best one :D

MayWife2011

MayWife2011

Wedding Whizz

• Members
  • 2738 posts

we're doing the same at our wedding hun, having a table with candles, a poem and also a hand tied flower arrangement for h2bs mum,
we had some trouble from my uncles widow saying we should have asked her before planning to put his photo up which annoyed me as he's my uncle and it's our wedding plus his daughter is one of our bm's so i thought excuse me i'll put his photo up if i want to! she has a new partner so that's the only reason she doesn't want to see it as she has no photos in the house of him and she doesn't care less about him :( sorry for hijacking the thread with my mini rant just annoyed and upset me a bit!

i love all the poems! will have to show h2b and see what he thinks is the best one :D

I think your plans are lovely and as i said in my last post it hik its up to the bride and groom we felt we had to honour the people that arnt here anymore but reconising them on the day and if anyone didnt like it they had to lump it!! lol Do what you feel is best hun and ignore ur uncles widow she's obviously not very caring! :( Hope you find a poem from the above thats perfect for you and h2b :) xx