Welcome to Wedding Ideas Chat
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

The 'My Fitness Pal' Support Group

• Please log in to reply
1500 replies to this topic

MrsDens

MrsDens

Planning Princess

• Members
  • 8425 posts
  • Who are you?:Wife
Yeh I think alot of people are saying lay off cardio becuase to stop losing muscle you need to eat back the calories so there is no point doing it but I like to go out for a run!! Plus its surely good for you in other ways. So I think on days where I'm goin to run I'll make sure I do all my calories but if I'm just doing weights then if I don't eat them all the its not such a problem. Not sure what I'll do on days where I do both :lol:

Nobody

Nobody

Master Planner

• Members
  • 6086 posts
When you guys thinking of doing the shred?

Can we start it next week it's just I need to get some heavier weights first

MrsDens

MrsDens

Planning Princess

• Members
  • 8425 posts
I'm fine with whenever, I might not do shred everyday might interchange with a bit of RI30 or BFBM but i'm all for a bit of a team challenge for 30 days.

Cakeylady

Cakeylady

HRH Wedding Ideas!

• Members
  • 14892 posts
  • Who are you?:Wife and mummy
  • Wedding Day:Long ago

I read one person saying there's no point eating the cals back though as your back to square one or I might have read it wrong?

I don't know what to do now. I suppose I just need to cut out crap and say do two runs a week and say two weights/shreds? That sound right?

Sounds like exactly what I need to do to.

*Cupcake*

*Cupcake*

Due in December!

• Members
  • 8814 posts
  • Who are you?:Wife & mommy!
  • Wedding Day:09-10-10
Ooh I may join in the shredding with you! I've had it for months and still too scared to try it, I keep putting it off...

Mrs*Jen*Larkin

Mrs*Jen*Larkin

Master Planner

• Wedding Ideas advertisers
  • 5310 posts
  • Wedding Day:16-05-2011
I might re start this shred with you ladies. Seeing as I am laying off takeaways and crew food for lent, this would be a good time to start, and would finish me around my birthday on the 30th march :D
xx

MrsDens

MrsDens

Planning Princess

• Members
  • 8425 posts
Or instead of giving up something for lent, we could take up a dvd/exercise or something instead? although I've got a Hen weekend right at the end of march in Marbella so that might be a bit tricky!

Nobody

Nobody

Master Planner

• Members
  • 6086 posts
James said I've got to do 30day shred then ri30 for the next 30 days for lent!! I don't think so.

I woul like to start tonight (am doing shred tonight) but my weights are poo and James is doing it and we have a really busy weekend and don't want to fail beforenive started x

MrsDens

MrsDens

Planning Princess

• Members
  • 8425 posts
Have you got RI30 too N?

Nobody

Nobody

Master Planner

• Members
  • 6086 posts
No but I have a suspicion I will have it on Sunday from hubs
:lol:

Nobody

Nobody

Master Planner

• Members
  • 6086 posts
Well I've had a think and I'm not doing to get in on the everyday challenge I just dont have the time of the energy to. However I'm going to do 2 runs and 3 shreds a weeks so that's 4 exercising which I think is ok.

I just don't have the time to dedicate that much exercise with the boys, household chores and social life (not that I have much of one but wih emails and visitors)

But I'm happy wih that. I'm going to do 1 long run of 10k then a short run of 2-5k trying to beat my personal bests. I'm not prepared to give up my running in place of shred as im entering some races this year and don't want to lack on my progress that I've done

PmiG

PmiG

HRH Wedding Ideas!

• Members
  • 18699 posts
I couldnt exercise everyday - I hate drying my hair so would hate the sweaty hair aspect :lol: I think aiming to move more each day is a good one though. Even if its a walk. Now i'm starting to feel a lot better (touching every piece of wood available) i think i'll aim for movement every day. That doesnt include turning a steering wheel or typing on the laptop. I mean moving my 2 feet. :lol:

Tory

Tory

Wishing on a star

• Members
  • 8177 posts
  • Who are you?:Happy Wife
  • Wedding Day:2010
Okay ladies, once again I need some advice. when I first satrted mfp i was given 1500 and somehting cals this was based on wanting to loose 1lb a week. After not loosing the 2nd week I changed it to 1 1/2 lbs a week which made my cals go down to 1230, now I have not found this to bad to stick too (which in itself seems odd as it is low) anyway after being pretty much spot on last week with cals and doing excercise most days I gained over a lb and was a bit put out, this week im having a bad week and hitting the biscuit tin!!
So do you think I would be better off sticking to 1230 or putting it back up.
I cant always do exercise as work does not always allow time for the gym and 30 ds can only be done every 2 weeks.

Help please I so want to get down to the next stone bracket :(

PmiG

PmiG

HRH Wedding Ideas!

• Members
  • 18699 posts
I think you should keepuo the good work and stick it out. The body doesn't always do as it's told, so as long as you are confident you are eating the right cals (and your scales work!) then kn the long run it will pay off. Honest :)

Hannahbella

Hannahbella

Planning Princess

• Members
  • 9663 posts
  • Who are you?:Wife & mummy 2 Lewis
  • Wedding Day:05-05-2007
AHHHHH I've just found out I'm being a bridesmaid for my sister in 11 weeks time AHHHHHH

I have my bridesmaid dress from her previous weddding that never went ahead (don't ask :rolleyes: ). I can't really remember what size I was then but I must have been smaller than I am now. So I have to try and get my fat ass into it.

I'm struggling to lose weight as it is (not for the want of trying) I'm never going to fit into it. I'm at a loss how I can get the scales moving. I'm bang on calorie target practically everyday and do 5-7 sessions of exercise a week, surely I can't do much more?! The only thing I can think of is to cut my calories again but I'm always hungry as it is :(

MrsWindle

MrsWindle

Wedding Whizz

• Members
  • 4392 posts
  • Who are you?:Wifey and mummy
  • Wedding Day:01-05-2010
Woo hoo I'm almost near my goal and past the weight I ALWAYS get stuck on, weighed in at 8st 8lbs this morning although I am expecting to put a couple of pounds on this week as haven't been eating fantastically as been feeling cra@ppy with a cold, left most of my main meal last night as just couldn't face it. That'll teach me not to cross train and run 10k when i'm Ill.

What's your calorie target at Hannah? Do you think you're feeling hungry because your know you have to stick to a target. I feel hungry sometimes but I also think its my mind playing tricks on me as I'm trying to eat well x

Nobody

Nobody

Master Planner

• Members
  • 6086 posts
I don't understand why your by losing more han, it's not fair!

How you getting on mrswindle?

Just wondered if you guys accept people on mfp that you dont know?? X

MrsNunny

MrsNunny

Nothing tastes as good as being slim & healthy feels

• Members
  • 6494 posts
I don't understand why you're not losing more either Han, but I can imagine how frustrating it is! :(

I only add people from here, a few fb friends and my friend from work. And MrN of course, I don't add anyone I don't know.

*Cupcake*

*Cupcake*

Due in December!

• Members
  • 8814 posts
I only have you guys from here on MFP as I don't know anyone else who uses it.

Really need to up the exercise this week, hubs has been really ill all weekend with norovirus so just praying I don't catch it :(

MrsWindle

MrsWindle

Wedding Whizz

• Members
  • 4392 posts
  • Who are you?:Wifey and mummy
  • Wedding Day:01-05-2010
I'm getting on ok thanks Mertin, feeling much better this week. I'm still hammering the gym every other day and doing classes. Managed to do a circuits class last night and then doing a resistance type class tomorrow before work. It's only on for half an hour though so think its gonna be a tough one. Food wise I'm doing ok, although ive just got in from work and feel like I could eat everything in sight and just bought an aero, Mmmm, still under my calorie goal though xx

Hannahbella

Hannahbella

Planning Princess

• Members
  • 9663 posts
Thanks ladies, I'm finding it really frustrating, I'm just hoping that the scales will start moving properly soon. I did have a sneaky measure this morning and I haven't lost anything around my waist or hips from the begining of the month :( So I'm even more p'd off as it wouldn't be so bad if I was getting smaller but I'm obviously not :(

Nobody

Nobody

Master Planner

• Members
  • 6086 posts
You are working hard hun, I don't know if it would be any good but if you keep getting sts perhaps speak to your Gp and explain maybe he could get your thyroid or something make sure it's no under active...I'm probably talking crap but it's worth a shot.

Well hub even if the scales arent moving I still think you are a very gorgeous lady anyway :)

Hannahbella

Hannahbella

Planning Princess

• Members
  • 9663 posts
Aww thanks :wub:

It actually has crossed my mind about getting my thyroid tested as my mother suffers from an under active thyroid but I'm not sure if it's something that can just develop as when I lost weight after Lewis I always seemed to have good losses. Another thing that has crossed my mind is I had the coil fitted at the beginning of the month and wondering if it's the increased hormones?! They say to allow 3 mths for it to settle once fitted so I will just keep plodding on until then in the hope my body let's go of this flab :(

*Cupcake*

*Cupcake*

Due in December!

• Members
  • 8814 posts
Mrs Dens, a few pages back you mentioned you had a list of "clean" foods, would you mind sharing?

I eat far too much rubbish but have no idea where to start!

MrsDens

MrsDens

Planning Princess

• Members
  • 8425 posts
No worries I'm doing it at the moment actually and just waiting for a book called "clean and lean" to come in the next few days:

Here is a list of clean foods. These are foods that, assuming they’re prepared properly, are approved for you to eat. In fact, these foods should form the bulk of your diet.

Protein SourcesChicken Breast
Turkey Breast
Whole Eggs
Fish (lean - Bass, Cod, Halibut, Tilapia, Tuna, Whiting, Swordfish)
Fish (fatty - Herring, Mackerel, Salmon, Sardines)
Lean Beef 90% (or leaner - Lean Ground Beef, Eye of Round, Top Sirloin)
Low-Fat Dairy Products (Cottage Cheese, Milk, Yogurt - greek yoghurt in particular)
Protein Powder ( Whey, Casein, Soy, Milk protein isolate)

Notes
I should point out that whole eggs, salmon and other fatty fish do also contain fat; so they’re really a source of protein and good fat, especially if you opt for Omega-3 enriched eggs and “wild” fish as opposed to farm-raised.

Likewise, low-fat dairy products typically contain a decent amount of carbs. So to be precise, you’d probably need to reduce your carbs elsewhere.

Fibrous Carbs
Vegetables (Artichoke, Asparagus, Green Beans, Broccoli, Brussel Sprouts, Cauliflower, Spinach, Courgette, Lettuce, Squash, Tomatoes, Peppers, Mushrooms, Cucumbers, Celery, Carrots, Bean Sprouts, Alfalfa Sprouts, Bamboo Shoots, Cabbage, Aubergine, Spring greens, Onions, Kale, Okra, Leeks, Turnips, Radishes, Fennel

Notes
Most of your carbohydrate daily intake should be made up from foods selected from the list above.

Starchy Carbs
Oats
Muesli
Potatoes
Sweet Potatoes
Red Potatoes
Brown Rice
Beans (any variety - not baked beans)
Couscous
Chick Peas
Lentils
Quinoa
Pasta (wholewheat only)
Whole Grain & High Fibre Cereals (no added salt or sugar)
Whole Grain Bread
Pitta Bread
Other Sprouted Grain Bread

Simple Sugars
Fruit (Nectarines, Strawberries, Blueberries, Raspberries, Bananas, Watermelon, Pineapple, Cherries, Apples, Pears, Oranges, Peaches, Plums, Grapes, Apricots, Mangos, Kiwis, Figs, All Dried Fruit)

Notes
Consume these foods mostly in the morning and with protein to slow the energy release.

Fat Sources
Oils (Fish, Flax, Olive, Sunflower, Groundnut)
Nuts (Almonds, Walnuts, Pistachios, Macadamia Nuts, Cashew Nuts, Pecan, Brazil)
Seeds (Pumpkin, sunflower, seseame)
Olives
Natural peanut and almond butters
Ground Flax
Avocado
Hummus

Notes
The greatest source of good fats, fatty fish are included on the protein list.

Hummus, because it’s made with chickpeas, also has a pretty significant amount of carbs; so adjust your meal plan accordingly. Although natural peanut butter is an option, do not make it your staple fat source. In fact, almond butter is a better option.

Hope that helps!

*Cupcake*

*Cupcake*

Due in December!

• Members
  • 8814 posts
That's fab, will copy and paste to a word doc when I get home. Thanks hun :)

MrsDens

MrsDens

Planning Princess

• Members
  • 8425 posts
No worries :)

MrsDens

MrsDens

Planning Princess

• Members
  • 8425 posts
What do you do if you don't eat all of your meal - do you change the quantities on MFP or not bother?

I weighed out all of my lunch as it went on my plate today but I left a slice of boiled egg and 2 potatoes - I can't be bothered to work out what that would weigh and in the past if I've not finished something I haven't changed it either - just wondering what everyone else does.

Mrs*Jen*Larkin

Mrs*Jen*Larkin

Master Planner

• 5310 posts
Mrs Dens - It depends if I have something naughty lined up for the evening that going to take me over my cals, which would then resort to me amending the stuff I didn't eat so it looks better! :D

*Cupcake*

*Cupcake*

Due in December!

• Members
  • 8814 posts
I usually amend it as I'm not a big eater so sometimes leave half a meal. I'll usually just change to quantities from 1 serving to 1/2 or 3/4, although if it's dry food and I can be bothered I'll weigh what's left and take it off.

Edited by *Cupcake*, 29 February 2012 - 04:35 PM.

Nobody

Nobody

Master Planner

• Members
  • 6086 posts
Depends how much, I rarely leave food lol but if I do I amend the portion size x

MrsDens

MrsDens

Planning Princess

• Members
  • 8425 posts
Hmmm how do you know how much to change it by, do you re-weigh what you have left over?

Nobody

Nobody

Master Planner

• Members
  • 6086 posts
No I just work out how much seems left on my plate compared to the size. The other day or week I left around half so just altered to 0.5 or 0.6. Most my meals are pre entered recipes so just go of the top of my head.

If I'd had left say two new potatoes I prob wouldn't change it

MrsDens

MrsDens

Planning Princess

• Members
  • 8425 posts
Yeh I've never bothered to change anything just wondered what everyone else does :)

MrsNunny

MrsNunny

Nothing tastes as good as being slim & healthy feels

• Members
  • 6494 posts
I change everything on the rare occasion I leave something! On 1200 cals, i need all the help I can get!

Mrs*Jen*Larkin

Mrs*Jen*Larkin

Master Planner

• 5310 posts
Ok ladies. Advise.
My friend had a baby 3 weeks ago and is starting to think about cutting back on the calorie intake slightly.
She is expressing for little one too.
What do you suggest she sets her weekly loss?
xx

Nobody

Nobody

Master Planner

• Members
  • 6086 posts
I think mine was about 1800 at the start, just tell her to join mfp and to put activity at very active x

Cakeylady

Cakeylady

HRH Wedding Ideas!

• Members
  • 14892 posts
  • Who are you?:Wife and mummy
  • Wedding Day:Long ago
Mine was around 1950 I think, but I was 11 stone something when I first started.

MrsFarley2b

MrsFarley2b

• Members
  • 445 posts
  • Who are you?:Bride
  • Wedding Day:06/07/2012
Morning, I have been using MFP since Tuesday and finding it really helpful in measuring what I put in my mouth. I started the Slim Fast plan on Tuesday and am allowed two shakes (one for breakfast and one for lunch) and a six hundred calorie meal for dinner. I am also allowed a couple a servings of fruit or veg so on average I am on 1200 cals a day which suprisingly as finding okay to follow.

Does anyone want to add me as a friend so I can get some more meal ideas. My user name is hollysmummy8

xx

Edited by MrsFarley2b, 03 March 2012 - 11:13 AM.

rosebaby

rosebaby

Master Planner

• Members
  • 5249 posts
  • Who are you?:Bride
  • Wedding Day:23-02-2012
I'm back logging after quite a few weeks, and I need to think in my head what dinners I am going to have. As I know I've mentioned before my hub was a chef so he is very heavy handed with the calories but he knows now that I am serious about getting my weight down and he likes how I look- I was at my lowest weight on my wedding day and I would like to get at least half a stone lighter than that (which is probably a whole stoner lighter than I am now after my honeymoon!!!) But he is also not working and we are really struggling with money so I need to have our dinners planned in my mind.... can you remind me/ give me some ideas for dinners that are around 500 cals?xx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users