Welcome to Wedding Ideas Chat
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Burgundy, black & cream

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

FinallyBride2B

FinallyBride2B

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 346 posts
Our colours are burgundy, black, cream & silver. There's going to be loads of sparkle and snow flakes included too. There will be touches of dark green tartan throughout as well to match the guy's kilts.

I am imagining a real rich romantic atmosphere with sparkle and candle light. Do you think this sounds OK or do you think it will it be a bit too dark as we will be having the wedding end of November (maybe early December if the date becomes available at our venue)

Did anyone else go for these colours and if so how did you keep it 'bright' but romantic?

Freckles

Freckles

Wedding Whizz

• Members
  • 4992 posts
We've got burgundy and cream as our colours.

Feel free to have a look through my planning album to see what we've done with it.

Tbh I think burgundy is a lovely colour for autumn and winter weddings. And the cream and silver should brighten it up anyway if you are worried about how dark burgundy is.

FinallyBride2B

FinallyBride2B

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 346 posts
Ooh I love your dress! Its gorgeous!

Freckles

Freckles

Wedding Whizz

• Members
  • 4992 posts

Ooh I love your dress! Its gorgeous!

awww thanks x I'm rather keen on it too! :D

SILK

SILK

SILK

• Wedding Ideas advertisers
  • 691 posts
sounds stunningly romantic to me- go for it

Graphic Embers

Graphic Embers

• Wedding Ideas advertisers
  • 403 posts

Our colours are burgundy, black, cream & silver. There's going to be loads of sparkle and snow flakes included too. There will be touches of dark green tartan throughout as well to match the guy's kilts.

I am imagining a real rich romantic atmosphere with sparkle and candle light. Do you think this sounds OK or do you think it will it be a bit too dark as we will be having the wedding end of November (maybe early December if the date becomes available at our venue)

Did anyone else go for these colours and if so how did you keep it 'bright' but romantic?

We had ivory and red and green kilts, lovely. I think your colours will be very atmospheric and could be very glamorous as the sparkle contrasts with the dark colors.

Niccles

Niccles

Wedding Whizz

• Members
  • 4720 posts
yes i think for the time of year of ur wedding this will be ok :D

Dolly Dee

Dolly Dee

• Members
  • 250 posts
I think it sounds amazing, it's just perfect for a winter wedding.
The ivory will prevent it from being a bit gothic as will all the beautiful romantic sparkle.....that being said there is something romantic about 'gothic' thinking twilight so either way your fine! LOL xx

jobo

jobo

• Members
  • 256 posts
i had black and cream , with a hint of deep red ( flowers and mens neckties ) it looked fab , your colours sound lovley x

FinallyBride2B

FinallyBride2B

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 346 posts
Thanks everyone

I'm so excited x

Beth xox

Beth xox

• Members
  • 229 posts
Hi,

I dont think its to dark at all! :) Even if the colours are dark shades it will look lovely and will be brightened with all the candles and romantic sparkle! It'll look fab :) I hope you dont mind, I had a peek at your planning picks and it all looks amazing!!! All the flowers look great :wub:

Bxx

Edited by Beth xox, 21 September 2011 - 03:36 PM.

FinallyBride2B

FinallyBride2B

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 346 posts
Thank you all :D

im making my invitations tonight with my MOH (Just the outsides not the inserts yet)

I will post the pics later if they turn out ok it will show how the colours of our wedding will be going :wub: