Welcome to Wedding Ideas Chat
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Ripped In 30

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
117 replies to this topic

PmiG

PmiG

HRH Wedding Ideas!

• Members
  • 18699 posts
Oooh that pie looks delish. How did you make the sauce?

MrsDens

MrsDens

Planning Princess

• Members
  • 8535 posts
Its easy peasy :)

Melt 25g butter then add the carrot and leek (I normally pop in some mushrooms too but I didnt have any last night) cook those - don't let them brown- for about 10-15mins until soft, add a table spoon of flour and cook for 1 minute, then add 400ml of stock gradually until you have a think sauce, cook that for another 10 mins, add 2 teaspoons of dijon mustard and 3 tablespoons of cream (I don't use that much cream - but that's personal taste) stir and the add the chicken (the recipe uses cooked chicken but obviously you won't be putting that in!)

Pop it all in a dish, get a sheet of filo, lay it on a tea towel brush lightly with veggie oil and scrunch over the top (I use 2 sheets per pie)

Stick it in the oven 180 fan 200 otherwise for about 20 mins until the filo is golden.

Then gobble it all up :)

PmiG

PmiG

HRH Wedding Ideas!

• Members
  • 18699 posts
Mmmm. I reckon a bit of creme fraiche instead of cream would work and be healthier too. I think i'll veggie fy that and make it next wk :D

MrsDens

MrsDens

Planning Princess

• Members
  • 8535 posts

Mmmm. I reckon a bit of creme fraiche instead of cream would work and be healthier too. I think i'll veggie fy that and make it next wk :D

Let me know how it tastes with the creme fraiche, I was going to use greek yoghurt but it smelt a bit iffy!

PmiG

PmiG

HRH Wedding Ideas!

• Members
  • 18699 posts
I've definately used creme fraiche in a similar sauce before but we're going back yrs here... I remember it being very plain so you need to season well and make sure there is flavour. A spoonful of pesto would be fab (green or red), if you subbed out the mustard.

PmiG

PmiG

HRH Wedding Ideas!

• Members
  • 18699 posts
Tell you what else would be fab - really soft chunks of butternut squash. Would make it all creamy and gooey. mmmm

MrsDens

MrsDens

Planning Princess

• Members
  • 8535 posts
Ha, seems like you need to make this pie soon!

I think next time I'll use wholegrain instead of dijon mustard, see how that turns out.

MrsDens

MrsDens

Planning Princess

• Members
  • 8535 posts
I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

wheresjess

wheresjess

I can't think of anything to write here.

• Members
  • 7955 posts
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaay! Big well done to you, that's a massive achievement! :)

Cakeylady

Cakeylady

HRH Wedding Ideas!

• Members
  • 14892 posts
Wooooooo!!!!

MrslaneyB

MrslaneyB

Wedding Whizz

• Members
  • 2545 posts
Well done you! Must be a great feeling to see the results. x

MrsDens

MrsDens

Planning Princess

• Members
  • 8535 posts
Thanks lovelies :wub:

Here's the final blog post: http://mrsdensdiary....pped-in-30.html

Tory

Tory

Wishing on a star

• Members
  • 8268 posts
You have done amazingly, such a big difference. Well done. Think I should start my 30ds again.

Mrs Pacman

Mrs Pacman

Pacbaby upgrade in process

• Members
  • 19835 posts
Didnt even need the comparison shots to see the difference, you're fit! (Please don't stand too near me tomorrow, I'll feel like a blimp :lol:)

Well done sweetie!

How much do you reckon is attributed to the dvd and how much to food, how careful were you? Just intrigued...

PmiG

PmiG

HRH Wedding Ideas!

• Members
  • 18699 posts
Woo woo that's awesome! If I were you I'd try to maintain your weight now and not aim for weight loss. you've done fantastic :D

Mrs Pacman

Mrs Pacman

• Members
  • 19835 posts

Woo woo that's awesome! If I were you I'd try to maintain your weight now and not aim for weight loss. you've done fantastic :D

Seconded. You have no weight to lose, just definition to maintain.

PmiG

PmiG

HRH Wedding Ideas!

• Members
  • 18699 posts
Mrspm log in to mfp and read her food diaries!! They're spot on

MrsDens

MrsDens

Planning Princess

• Members
  • 8535 posts

You have done amazingly, such a big difference. Well done. Think I should start my 30ds again.

Thanks Tory, yeh break the shred out again :D

Didnt even need the comparison shots to see the difference, you're fit! (Please don't stand too near me tomorrow, I'll feel like a blimp :lol:)

Well done sweetie!

How much do you reckon is attributed to the dvd and how much to food, how careful were you? Just intrigued...

I'd say its mostly all dvd, but I am careful over what I eat and try and do 40:30:30 carbs, protein, fat.

Whether I like it or not I seem to maintain anyway :lol: I think if this has taught me anything its that the scale doesnt really matter as I've lost a pound or so but my shape has changed more than that suggests.

Mrspm log in to mfp and read her food diaries!! They're spot on

Thanks!

Mrs Pacman

Mrs Pacman

• Members
  • 19835 posts
Well therein lies the proof that if you do things properly rather than half-heartedly, you get stellar results. Well done MrsD!!!

PmiG

PmiG

HRH Wedding Ideas!

• Members
  • 18699 posts
...and that your body is at it's happy weight. :)

There's a food blogger that went a step too far last yr (I've posted about her before) and she's messed up her periods now as a result. Just food for thought. ;)

MrsDens

MrsDens

Planning Princess

• Members
  • 8535 posts
Thanks K :D

L I honestly couldnt take weight loss that intensely, I love food too much! Week days are for being good, getting 5 a day and exercising and weekends are for having fun, eating crisps and sleep!

Nobody

Nobody

Master Planner

• Members
  • 6086 posts
Wow Ames, that's a fab difference I could tell you were toning and changing but that comparison is amazing!

Think I should do this because those results speak for them self! X

*Cupcake*

*Cupcake*

Due in December!

• Members
  • 8814 posts
Mrs D they're fab results! Well done, you look amazing :)

LME I'm being nosey now but who's the blogger? I read a few and now I'm intrigued...

PmiG

PmiG

HRH Wedding Ideas!

• Members
  • 18699 posts
Blah

Edited by Mrs LME, 11 February 2012 - 08:50 AM.

*Cupcake*

*Cupcake*

Due in December!

• Members
  • 8814 posts
Thanks, sorry I'm so nosey! Lol

MrslaneyB

MrslaneyB

Wedding Whizz

• Members
  • 2545 posts
Well done you, the difference between the pics are awesome, you are a machine! :)

Bennic

Bennic

HRH Wedding Ideas!

• Members
  • 15571 posts
Youve done awesome! An inspiration to us all.

SparklyAli

SparklyAli

• Members
  • 57 posts
I only manage to get on here Fridays and the weekend, and everytime I read your blog I am inspired to crack out the p90x (I think you should try that next!!!). I don't do it as much as I should as most of the sessions are about an hour which I don't have time for, so I've been on amazon and purchased RI30, I can only dream of having a tum like yours in 30 days, I guess time will tell!
Whatever you do next, keep your blog going please, it is truly inspiring!!!! x

mrsmurph

mrsmurph

We did it!!

• Members
  • 5274 posts
well done lovely - you are officially amazing :D

MrsDens

MrsDens

Planning Princess

• Members
  • 8535 posts
Aw thank you all so much :)

Sparkly Ali - I'll look into P90X thanks, I'm at a bit of a loss with what to do now!

Hannahbella

Hannahbella

Planning Princess

• Members
  • 9663 posts
MrsD you look A-MA-ZING! There is a massive difference and you definitely no longer have that muffin top (not that you had much of one to start with). You should be extremely proud of yourself :D

Well done on your macro splits as well, I'm trying to keep mine at 50/25/25 (more carbs for the stupid amount of cardio I do) and struggling with that.

MrsDens

MrsDens

Planning Princess

• Members
  • 8535 posts
Doing this again starting 1 March :D

MrsDens

MrsDens

Planning Princess

• Members
  • 8535 posts
Started yesterday instead, here's a link to the blog, won't bore you all by posting it in here most days :) http://mrsdensdiary.blogspot.com/

Just to add, if anyone else has done/is doing this I'd really like to hear how you got on too.

Edited by Mrs Dens, 01 March 2012 - 03:15 PM.

mrsmurph

mrsmurph

We did it!!

• Members
  • 5274 posts
Mrs d I'm just waiting on mr Amanda to hopefully fix my mistake this weekend! I'm excited about getting started!!!

MrsDens

MrsDens

Planning Princess

• Members
  • 8535 posts
Yay Cheryl :D I hope Mr Amanda manages to get it working for you. Have you done 30 day shred before? I did level 3 of that the other day and it did nothing for me at all this is so much better! Although last night on level 1 I might have been shouting out on the chair squat flies to get through them on the last circuit :lol:

mrsmurph

mrsmurph

We did it!!

• Members
  • 5274 posts
Officially started! Hard but not as hard as I was expecting, so happy about that. My legs hurt already though!!

Off to take my measurements..

MrsScott2B2014

MrsScott2B2014

Posting Pro

• Members
  • 550 posts
mrs dens how do ui find your blog?

MrsDens

MrsDens

Planning Princess

• Members
  • 8535 posts