Welcome to Wedding Ideas Chat
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Childs passport

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
15 replies to this topic

♥zoe♥

♥zoe♥

Wedding Guru

• Members
  • 29460 posts
Hi
Just a quick question, we need to apply for a passport for A and got the form today. It says because me and hubby were born after 1982 we need to put details of both our mothers and fathers parents including where they were born and when then got married etc. So our grandparents details. All my grandparents bar one are dead and the same for hubby so we have no idea when they were married or where they were born. Does anyone know what we can do to get around this?? x

Bennic

Bennic

HRH Wedding Ideas!

• Members
  • 15571 posts
Are you sure it's your grandparents and not A's grandparents (ie your folks) its asking for?

Mummy♥Shmoobs

Mummy♥Shmoobs

Planning Princess

• Members
  • 9823 posts
I wad think the same as Bennic, surely it's baby's grandparents they'd be interested in..?

♥zoe♥

♥zoe♥

Wedding Guru

• Members
  • 29460 posts
It says: parents details for applicants under 16 which is where I have written mine and hubbys details. Then under that it says: if both parents names above were born after 1982 we will also need the full name town country dob and date of marriage of your grandparents.

:unsure:

Hannah & Mike

Hannah & Mike

Wedding Whizz

• Members
  • 3251 posts
Its the baby's grandparents they are asking details for (your parents & hubby's parents).

Mummy♥Shmoobs

Mummy♥Shmoobs

Planning Princess

• Members
  • 9823 posts
I would read that as meaning the applicant's grandparents, so your parents.

♥zoe♥

♥zoe♥

Wedding Guru

• Members
  • 29460 posts
Ok thanks girls! I'm obviously stupid haha :lol:

Mrs A

Mrs A

Wedding Whizz

• Members
  • 4207 posts
Oh thats a bit worrying. Hubby doesn't speak to his Dad, hopefully his mum will know all the answers. Never knew you had to give details like that.

Mrs ThorpeCloud

Mrs ThorpeCloud

Permanent Resident

• Members
  • 20324 posts
I think I had a wobble over that one before realising it was OK as I was born in 81. I got a bit confused about Mr TC having an Irish passport at some point.

MrsD

MrsD

Planning Princess

• Members
  • 7619 posts
I rung up the passport office and asked the same question when I applied for O's passport. Its your parents (baby's grandparents) it needs the details of.

♥zoe♥

♥zoe♥

Wedding Guru

• Members
  • 29460 posts

I rung up the passport office and asked the same question when I applied for O's passport. Its your parents (baby's grandparents) it needs the details of.

Glad I'm not the only one who got confused by this then :lol:

♥zoe♥

♥zoe♥

Wedding Guru

• Members
  • 29460 posts
Another question: her grandparents are my mum and my step dad. I don't have anything to do with my real dad so is it ok to put my step dads details down??

Blackcat

Blackcat

Wedding Whizz

• Members
  • 3467 posts
They'll want biological family info not step parents.

MrsRooney

MrsRooney

Wedding Whizz

• Members
  • 4735 posts
If you dont have anything to do with your biological dad you can leave that section blank. Im guessing they would be used to it as some people dont know there fathers.

Mrs Parkes

Mrs Parkes

Forum Star

• Members
  • 1598 posts
I had to do this and you have to put your's and your hubby's parents which is the child's grandparents.

If you get all the details then they will help you the post office if you do the check and send.
My hubby's parents were easy as it went:

Name, DOB, Place of birth (for both), then Date of marriage

Then my parents were harder as my dad was in prison and my mum is deceased. So had to put some thing like this:

Name, DOB, Place of birth, Date of marriage: unknown

Then next to my mum's name had had to put deceased and I didn't know where my dad was born and I couldn't get hold of him so had to put that as unknown.

I think that was what I did. The post office lady added a bit more but I can't remember what it was (was nearly 2 years ago) so I recommend doing the check and send. Hope that helps in some way.

ETA: I also had to put divorced next to my parent's names.

Edited by Mrs Parkes, 13 January 2012 - 01:15 PM.

Mummy Stark

Mummy Stark

Wedding Whizz

• Members
  • 4715 posts
Gosh... My mum is dual nationality & we had a nightmare getting my first passport many years ago.. spose I best apply for Lylas now :/