Welcome to Wedding Ideas Chat
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Marks and Spencer wedding cake. How did you decorate yours?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

kittyket

kittyket

• Members
  • 28 posts
Hi!

My hubby to be and I are planning to get a Marks and Spencers wedding cake. Has anyone got any photos of how they decorated theres? Looking for inspiration.

divinedesigns.info

divinedesigns.info

Posting Pro

• Wedding Ideas advertisers
  • 792 posts
We have lots of couples that buy M&S and other plain white cakes and then we decorate them using silk flowers, here's an example picture:

Posted Image

Hope that helps!

Maud

Maud

• Members
  • 81 posts
Quite a few M&S CAKES in this gallery

♥ ❤ Sarah ❤ ♥

♥ ❤ Sarah ❤ ♥

I Got Married!

• Members
  • 2447 posts

Posted Image

Hope that helps!

Yep, this is pretty much how we're going to be doing ours. Only with less tiers and less silk flowery decorations.

fuggamoose

fuggamoose

• Members
  • 278 posts
We're doing exactly the same and I was wondering about decorations. Thanks for starting the topic :) x

Neets

Neets

Forum Star

• Members
  • 1724 posts
We have always planned to get a cake from M&S but now I'm not sure I can deal with the added stress of getting it to venue in one piece, stacking it and decorating it in the morning! x

pinkpantha1977

pinkpantha1977

Wedding Whizz

• Members
  • 3809 posts
Dusted with silver snow glitter with ribbons and diamanté broaches :) not sure on topper yet

kittyket

kittyket

• Members
  • 28 posts

Quite a few M&S CAKES in this gallery

Theres some great ideas on there. thanks! The site is a bit of a pain in the a@@ to navigate though!

:)

kittyket

kittyket

• Members
  • 28 posts

We have always planned to get a cake from M&S but now I'm not sure I can deal with the added stress of getting it to venue in one piece, stacking it and decorating it in the morning! x

Ask your venue if there is someone in the kitchen that can stack it and put a simple decoration on it for you. Thats what our venue is doing for us.

Beadspoke Tiara

Beadspoke Tiara

Wedding Whizz

• 4101 posts
I made some sugarpaste roses for the top of ours and we had a bride and groom topper then each tier was decorated with a simple ribbon. I also did my sister's M&S cake and made tiny sugarpaste blossoms in lilac, pink and white and positioned them in garlands around each tier. I then made some roses for the top in matching colours.

♥ ❤ Sarah ❤ ♥

♥ ❤ Sarah ❤ ♥

I Got Married!

• Members
  • 2447 posts

Theres some great ideas on there. thanks! The site is a bit of a pain in the a@@ to navigate though!

:)

:lol:

Glad I'm not the only person who thought that! :lol:

mrshillbilly

mrshillbilly

Planning Princess

• 7766 posts
i had m+s cakes - pic attached :) xx

Attached Thumbnails

• D&M-584web small.jpg