Our wedding is kinda following a similar theme - its more "country garden" theme - but there will be a lot of "rustic" features - our reception is in a marquee in H2B parents garden.
We originally wanted sunflowers but we have decided on sweetpeas now as our main flower as we can all grow them in the garden for the day and (after daffs) are my ultimate favourite flower ever!! :-)
LOVE LOVE LOVE the table name ideas - thats so awesome!!!
So far we are having...
* Straw bales around the garden for seating/drink resting
* Picnic blankets and cushions laid out
* Our "wedding breakfast" is a BBQ (proper one not disposable as one of my friends thought!!! hehe)
* Our "menu" is written on a big chalk board (like they do in tea houses) (total ebay bargain!!)
* Little (supposed to be for tea light) jars scattered around the ceremony room and the marquee/garden filled with sweetpeas/wild flowers
* Pastle coloured bunting (MIL2B and a friend of mine are making this out of cheap duvet covers I got from primark/charity shops etc!)
* Our centre pieces are kinda "tea party" "garden" things and we are having something diff on each table - Giant tea cup, pale blue and white polka dot cake stand, mini whitewashed wheelbarrow planter, whitewashed wooden lantern, whitewashed iron and glass fruit bowl (sounds weird but is lovely) - and were filling each with sweetpeas/garden grown flowers/candle - top table is a white washed wooden "Mr and Mrs" Garland.
* Signs made out of chopped wood "party" "toilets" "bar" "parking" etc
* I am asking my friends to save me jars (ideally jam/small sauce) and am soaking off the lables - tying pretty ribbon round them and will use them for tea lights - a lot of them will hang in the trees
* Giant jenga/giant connect 4 and possibly (depending on the room left in the garden) croquet!!
* We're trying to get hold of a wooden boat (or simialr) to fill with water and ice to put all the beer/wine etc etc in so people can just help themselves (free bar all day)
* Home made heart hanging decs with diff coloured pastle wool wrapped all through and around the heart (hard to explain again!)
* My bridesmaids are in floral dresses (nice floral not yucky curtain style!!!) haha
* All bouquets are just ivory flowers with some greenery
Hmm....think thats it!
It's such a fun themed wedding to plan! I have loved it and am constantly seeing things I wanna add to it! haha
I had a quick google image and lots of cute ideas came up...
Edited to add - also just found this:
- might give you some ideas?
Edited by MissRosa, 20 February 2012 - 10:14 AM.