Welcome to Wedding Ideas Chat
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

rustic/ country wedding

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

mrsowen2b

mrsowen2b

• Members
  • 64 posts
  • Who are you?:Bride
  • Wedding Day:19/07/2013
hey all havent posted for a while and have just started planning again we are having a rustic farm yard come countryside wedding theme and wondered on your ideas for pulling it of without seeming tacky.
so far we have a country hotel as our wedding venue were having large daisies cant remember the name of them of hand also h2b is wearing tweed we are also naming the tables after farm yard areas such as duck pond, stables etc.

the colour scheme is purple and white with hints of green to allow for the greenary and h2b tweed waistcoat

ive also thought about having a game for the children called find the farm animals where there will be farm animals hidden in the reception room with a little prize for the one who finds the most and lollies for the others

your ideas will be much appreciated

only thing i will add is h2b hates lavender so wont be using this haha

xx

Edited by mrsowen2b, 18 February 2012 - 08:17 PM.

DiTzY Danielle

DiTzY Danielle

Forum Star

• Members
  • 1318 posts
  • Wedding Day:04-08-2012
i seen on pics of a 'farm wedding' once they used bales of straw with throws and cushions on top as ouside seating. you could give flower seeds as favours, have bunting outside or inside the venue, have pics with wellys on. have giant outside games...

Niccles

Niccles

Wedding Whizz

• Members
  • 4720 posts
  • Who are you?:Wife!
  • Wedding Day:06-08-2011
jam jars or enamel tin vase jug things filled with wild flowers :D

gingham bunting

old vintage china

mrsowen2b

mrsowen2b

• Members
  • 64 posts
deffo going to incorporate bunting :)

DiTzY Danielle

DiTzY Danielle

Forum Star

• Members
  • 1318 posts
  • Wedding Day:04-08-2012
you could have flowers in the bridesmaids hairs and have your bouquets made of wild flowers and rustic looking as if you have just been on a walk and picked them x

Mrsp*

Mrsp*

Posting Pro

• Members
  • 745 posts
  • Wedding Day:02/08/2013
There have been a few lovely country weddings featured on rock ny wedding website! definately check that out, the one i remember off hand was one of their real brides from last year xx

mrsowen2b

mrsowen2b

• Members
  • 64 posts
rock my wedding hmm never looked on there will have a nosey

me and hubsand to be have decided to have sunflowers and a purple flower for centrepieces as i love the bright yellow against the purple

flowers in the bm hair would also work maybe get some large daisies or a small sun flower :)

xx

MissRosa

MissRosa

• Members
  • 295 posts
  • Wedding Day:06~07~2012
Hiya -

Our wedding is kinda following a similar theme - its more "country garden" theme - but there will be a lot of "rustic" features - our reception is in a marquee in H2B parents garden.

We originally wanted sunflowers but we have decided on sweetpeas now as our main flower as we can all grow them in the garden for the day and (after daffs) are my ultimate favourite flower ever!! :-)

LOVE LOVE LOVE the table name ideas - thats so awesome!!!

So far we are having...

* Straw bales around the garden for seating/drink resting
* Picnic blankets and cushions laid out
* Our "wedding breakfast" is a BBQ (proper one not disposable as one of my friends thought!!! hehe)
* Our "menu" is written on a big chalk board (like they do in tea houses) (total ebay bargain!!)
* Little (supposed to be for tea light) jars scattered around the ceremony room and the marquee/garden filled with sweetpeas/wild flowers
* Pastle coloured bunting (MIL2B and a friend of mine are making this out of cheap duvet covers I got from primark/charity shops etc!)
* Our centre pieces are kinda "tea party" "garden" things and we are having something diff on each table - Giant tea cup, pale blue and white polka dot cake stand, mini whitewashed wheelbarrow planter, whitewashed wooden lantern, whitewashed iron and glass fruit bowl (sounds weird but is lovely) - and were filling each with sweetpeas/garden grown flowers/candle - top table is a white washed wooden "Mr and Mrs" Garland.
* Signs made out of chopped wood "party" "toilets" "bar" "parking" etc
* I am asking my friends to save me jars (ideally jam/small sauce) and am soaking off the lables - tying pretty ribbon round them and will use them for tea lights - a lot of them will hang in the trees
* Giant jenga/giant connect 4 and possibly (depending on the room left in the garden) croquet!!
* We're trying to get hold of a wooden boat (or simialr) to fill with water and ice to put all the beer/wine etc etc in so people can just help themselves (free bar all day)
* Home made heart hanging decs with diff coloured pastle wool wrapped all through and around the heart (hard to explain again!)
* My bridesmaids are in floral dresses (nice floral not yucky curtain style!!!) haha
* All bouquets are just ivory flowers with some greenery

Hmm....think thats it!

It's such a fun themed wedding to plan! I have loved it and am constantly seeing things I wanna add to it! haha

Enjoy it!

I had a quick google image and lots of cute ideas came up...

http://www.google.co...wGILY8gO6y6iiCA

:-)

xxx

Edited to add - also just found this:
http://www.bohobride...mood-board.html - might give you some ideas?

Edited by MissRosa, 20 February 2012 - 10:14 AM.

mrsowen2b

mrsowen2b

• Members
  • 64 posts
wow you have so much planned miss Rosa haha!! i love that your having the marquee in your in laws ground, i wanted to do this originally but in a field owned by the farmer who lives down the road from me however it was proving extrememly expensive for the size needed so i am envious that you have the space to errect a marquee in the garden haha!

i have seen a decoration that i have fallen in love with but am completely unaware of where to get it from haha! its a huge woven wooden heart and you add flowers in to it i saw it on a blogging website so have no idea where they got it from should have taken more notice but i just wanted the picture lol!!

i wanted hay or straw bales but with it being a hotel we are marrying in im not sure whether we would be allowed to have straw in the reception room, but if we were i was thinking of making a little feature of it by the bar say 2-3 bales with some wooden hearts and signs on saying Mr and Mrs.
ooo ive also just thought im making my own sweet table maybe i could include some straw on the table for the jars to sit on.

miss rosa you have got my imagination going haha!! :D

xx

MissRosa

MissRosa

• Members
  • 295 posts
Aw yea we originally looked at cricket pitches and were discouraged by the price - and then parents in law (to be) said they would be happy to have in their garden :-) they have had to do quite a lot of gardening so the marquee will fit...haha!! We're getting a 18m x 9m marquee and it fits in ok - apart from you cant walk round one short side of it - but we figured that didnt matter too much - its only some chickens back there anyway!! haha

Guess its worth an ask with the straw bales - but deffo be cute to put some on the sweetie table! Deffo worth reusing jam/pasta sauce/coffee etc jars for things like that - save u a fortune! :-)

Do you have use of an outside area at the venue? Might be allowed them outside?

I'll keep thinking of ideas - and let you know if I think of anything worth sharing that will fit in with your theme :-)

Let us know if you think of anything more too!

Exciting :-)

Oooh...dont know if you go on it anway but theres a site called "pinterest" that always has gorgeous outsidey wedding themed pics on there...they have a special wedding section too if u hover over "everything" then go to "wedding and other events" - i'm SLIGHTLY obsessed! haha and i saw the other day these wrought iron small shephard staff things that you hang jars of flowers (or whatever) off! Very cute and very farmy :-)

xxx

mrsowen2b

mrsowen2b

• Members
  • 64 posts
never heard if that site miss rosa sounds like its worth a look :)there are so many sites i dont know about haha
there is an outside area but with the reception room being above the spa people might think its strange having hay bales to the entrance of the swimming pool haha but theres a path that takes you from the drinks reception to the evening reception so might see if i can add some tealights along the path and maybe some lavender seeds so as they walk along it smells nice as its nit inside the reception room so h2b shouldnt complain too much haha

i will be saving jam/pasta etc jars and putting some ribbond around them and maybe a piece of fabric on the top to give it the old vintage jam look could use purple gingham that would look quite cool.

xx

MissRosa

MissRosa

• Members
  • 295 posts

never heard if that site miss rosa sounds like its worth a look :)there are so many sites i dont know about haha
there is an outside area but with the reception room being above the spa people might think its strange having hay bales to the entrance of the swimming pool haha but theres a path that takes you from the drinks reception to the evening reception so might see if i can add some tealights along the path and maybe some lavender seeds so as they walk along it smells nice as its nit inside the reception room so h2b shouldnt complain too much haha

i will be saving jam/pasta etc jars and putting some ribbond around them and maybe a piece of fabric on the top to give it the old vintage jam look could use purple gingham that would look quite cool.

xx

Aww lovely :-) sounds cute - deffo speak to the venue and ask what they allow and where!!

Purple and white gingham would be sooo cute! Could tie it with natural raffia or twine! :-)

We've got http://www.ebay.co.u...d=p3286.c0.m359 for the paths but tealights in diff sized jars would look so lovely :-)

xxx

mrsowen2b

mrsowen2b

• Members
  • 64 posts
ooo i might have to see what my venue say im going to email them tomorrow :)

x

mrsowen2b

mrsowen2b

• Members
  • 64 posts
Well im so happy! my venue has emailed me back and said that a rustic country theme is fine and i can go to town on decorating the room!!! :D

i cant wait to start making some buntings and things! im going to make one to go across the front of the sweet table with the letters spelling out S W E E T S across it :D

this is such a relief i can now start searching for how to decorate the place.

xx

MissRosa

MissRosa

• Members
  • 295 posts
Ahh yey yippeeee :-) that's fab!!!

Xx

mrsowen2b

mrsowen2b

• Members
  • 64 posts
ive also had another thought i could use purple and white gingham card (if its avaliable) instead of plain purple pearlescent card giving it more of a country effect as ive placing a purple butterfly on the front to fasten the pocketfold!

xx

danni_bride2be

danni_bride2be

• Members
  • 58 posts
  • Wedding Day:02-04-2013

Hiya -

Our wedding is kinda following a similar theme - its more "country garden" theme - but there will be a lot of "rustic" features - our reception is in a marquee in H2B parents garden.

We originally wanted sunflowers but we have decided on sweetpeas now as our main flower as we can all grow them in the garden for the day and (after daffs) are my ultimate favourite flower ever!! :-)

So far we are having...

* Our "wedding breakfast" is a BBQ (proper one not disposable as one of my friends thought!!! hehe)
* Our "menu" is written on a big chalk board (like they do in tea houses) (total ebay bargain!!)
* Little (supposed to be for tea light) jars scattered around the ceremony room and the marquee/garden filled with sweetpeas/wild flowers
* Pastle coloured bunting (MIL2B and a friend of mine are making this out of cheap duvet covers I got from primark/charity shops etc!)
* Our centre pieces are kinda "tea party" "garden" things and we are having something diff on each table - Giant tea cup, pale blue and white polka dot cake stand, mini whitewashed wheelbarrow planter, whitewashed wooden lantern, whitewashed iron and glass fruit bowl (sounds weird but is lovely) - and were filling each with sweetpeas/garden grown flowers/candle - top table is a white washed wooden "Mr and Mrs" Garland.
* I am asking my friends to save me jars (ideally jam/small sauce) and am soaking off the lables - tying pretty ribbon round them and will use them for tea lights - a lot of them will hang in the trees
* Giant jenga/giant connect 4 and possibly (depending on the room left in the garden) croquet!!
* We're trying to get hold of a wooden boat (or simialr) to fill with water and ice to put all the beer/wine etc etc in so people can just help themselves (free bar all day)
* Home made heart hanging decs with diff coloured pastle wool wrapped all through and around the heart (hard to explain again!)
* My bridesmaids are in floral dresses (nice floral not yucky curtain style!!!) haha

Hmm....think thats it!

It's such a fun themed wedding to plan! I have loved it and am constantly seeing things I wanna add to it! haha

Enjoy it!

xxx

OH MY GOD, you're wedding sounds just like ours! We're having a barn wedding with hay bales, lots of home made wooden signs, I've got literally hundreds of jam jars to decorate and we're also making home made jams and chutneys for our favours, we're having big garden games (and an easter egg hunt!), a yummy BBQ and then a fish n chip van in the evening. I'm also growing my own flowers - tulips and daffodils in my garden and plan to have old watering cans filled with flowers and maybe some wellies too!

danni_bride2be

danni_bride2be

• Members
  • 58 posts
  • Wedding Day:02-04-2013

Hiya -

So far we are having...

Hmm....think thats it!

Enjoy it!

xxx

OH MY GOD, you're wedding sounds just like ours! We're having a barn wedding with hay bales, lots of home made wooden signs, I've got literally hundreds of jam jars to decorate and we're also making home made jams and chutneys for our favours, we're having big garden games (and an easter egg hunt!), a yummy BBQ and then a fish n chip van in the evening. I'm also growing my own flowers - tulips and daffodils in my garden and plan to have old watering cans filled with flowers and maybe some wellies too!

mrsowen2b

mrsowen2b

• Members
  • 64 posts
wow i didnt realise it was such a popular theme! especially as my BIL2B gf looks at me gone out when i tell her about it but then again if it doesnt sparkle or its not designer or pink she isnt really interested haha!

xxx

MissRosa

MissRosa

• Members
  • 295 posts
It's the best theme!! :-)

I have a friend who got married 2 years ago and wishes she had done our theme!!

Wowie a fish n chip van sounds AMAZING!!!! How awesome!! We're having bacon sarnies, sausage rolls, jacket pots and wedges :-)

Love the watering can idea too - how cute :-)

Deffo think gingham card would look brilliant - scour eBay- I think I should have shares now I spend so much on there!! And don't forget to use ur nectar card (if u have one!)

Xx

MissRosa

MissRosa

• Members
  • 295 posts
Sure u will have seen but new post in this topic all about country wedding theme xx

mrsowen2b

mrsowen2b

• Members
  • 64 posts
nector card on ebay?? what! ive never heard if this haha! just seen the country thread :) also i made a VERY fast and rough idea of an invite h2b doesnt like the idea of gingham card so bought some gingham ribbon i apologise that the paper and the card are white and ivory not both the same just trying to get the right image whether it be white or ivory so looked at both :)

but how do i upload it haha

xx

MissRosa

MissRosa

• Members
  • 295 posts
Oooh wow lovely :-)

Urm there should be a little attachment option
Below where u post a reply -don't know how if ur on a mobile though :-( xx

MissRosa

MissRosa

• Members
  • 295 posts
Ps u have to go thru nectar eshops but yea - sooo many sites I had no idea about give u points as long as they eshops! Xx

yvonnej999

yvonnej999

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Who are you?:planner
  • Wedding Day:05052012
Lovely idea for favours or decorations

try using a cream galvanised bucket
and tie a contrasting ribbon around the bucket top
add some fresh grown herbs. find little ones in the supermarket and pop the in the buckets,

Hope this helps. I sell the buckets and ribbons.
The rest woul dbe upto you

But sounds fun.

Just had another idea, what about pin the tail on the .............
Yvonne

Dollie

Dollie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 336 posts
  • Who are you?:bride
  • Wedding Day:23-02-2013
Yey more rustic chicks :D or should that be chic?
I'm country garden myself with spring bulbs.
Tried growing my own bulbs as a trial this year to use in mismatched terecota pots and hit two problems. First soil might still be too hard to dig bulbs up (worried frost will crack the pots if I plant directly into them) and 2nd very hard to get them to bloom at same time. So I'm going to ask around local nurseries about bulk buying plants to pot up week before.
I've got everyone I know drinking dowe egberts coffee as I love the jars and getting quite a collection. Going to put small church candles in with petal confetti around base and twine and lace wrapped around them.
I brought of a lady on here her table runners which were hessian with lace edges.
And as the breakfast will be afternoon tea, I'm collecting tea sets from charity shops (have 3 full sets so far) all with different floral patterns on.
For outside I was thinking of buying some garden seats with arches and wrapping ivy and tea light holders around them.
Oh and of course there will be bunting! And possibly fabric flowers dotted around.
Looking forward to sharing ideas with fellow minded brides :)

Mrs*Jen*Larkin

Mrs*Jen*Larkin

Master Planner

• Wedding Ideas advertisers
  • 5310 posts
  • Who are you?:Wife
  • Wedding Day:16-05-2011
Beautiful theme! And they big daisy flowers you're think of are called gerbera's x

Graphic Embers

Graphic Embers

• Wedding Ideas advertisers
  • 403 posts
  • Who are you?:Advertiser
We love rustic county themes! We have a few 'rustic' and 'country' ranges already and coming online soon, anything from save the date pens to guest books!
Current:
https://www.facebook...84485560&type=3
Coming Soon:
https://www.facebook...84485560&type=3

The big daisies are probably gerbera, we had them at our reception as table centres. We've also just done a bespoke gerbera design chequebook for a bride not that long ago.

Those enameled buckets and jugs tool quite good as centrepieces for rustic/country weddings, and you can get mini versions. Also bunting looks lovely.Wooden signs are also popular. We did a country moodboard for a WI girl on our blog at the end of last year. http://graphic-ember...ntry-theme.html

Your wedding will look beautiful!

mygirllollypop

mygirllollypop

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Wedding Day:19-04-2014
I'm going for a kind of country rustic theme too.

I want loads of bunting, tea lights, The front of the venue has a lovely trellece which I am planning on decorating with fake greenery and string lights...

MissRosa

MissRosa

• Members
  • 295 posts
Aw yey :-)

Love all these ideas!!

I had an evening of jar decorating with my friends the other day

and have made us some wool covered letters for our guestbook table....just need some pastel green wool for the & sign.....

ive tried to upload the pics of them but my files from my phone are too large....

now to try and shrink them a bit...hmmmmmm

xxx

cymraeg bride

cymraeg bride

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • Who are you?:bride to be
  • Wedding Day:27/07/2013
http://www.ebay.co.u...=item2323dfa84d

have you seen theese country style ish heart table confetti on ebay? they do many many designs - im thinking of having these on the table in the country pub we are having our venue in x

MrsBridges2b

MrsBridges2b

• Members
  • 180 posts
  • Wedding Day:18-10-2014
Im having rustic theme also.

I'm getting married in a barn so having purple and orange as my colours i think. with pine cones for name holders and having logs cut as plates for centrepieces with leaves with candles i think with twine and twigs wrapped round them x

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users