Welcome to Wedding Ideas Chat
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Order Of Service - Template

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

pink_princess_1977

pink_princess_1977

Forum Star

• Members
  • 1235 posts
Hi all,

Does anyone have an OOS they would share with me for a civil ceremony?

Thank you

x

PS Your saving my life LOL

Mrs*Star*Morris

Mrs*Star*Morris

Forum Star

• Members
  • 2257 posts
oo i want some ideas too!! completely stuck for ideas x

pink_princess_1977

pink_princess_1977

Forum Star

• Members
  • 1235 posts
I wasn't going to do it but my venue said they wanted one for the guests lol

JustJen

JustJen

• Members
  • 45 posts
hi,

I was thinking the same and found this a while ago, http://www.hitched.c...05/1481220.aspx

Although i am thinking mine will have a short order of service and a longer bit about how the day will plan out.

Hope it helps.

Jen xxx

lil_jo84

lil_jo84

Forum Star

• Members
  • 1474 posts
Is it a template you are interested in or is it the actual wording and layout that you are looking for?

*snowflake*

*snowflake*

Wedding Whizz

• Members
  • 2605 posts
I know!!!! I didn't plan on doing this until my Minister said I should because of the Lord's Prayer! Do I have to match them to the Invitations? If so, I am screwed 'cos I have brooches for my Invitations (which were expensive) and I can't afford them for my OOS as well, especially if people are going to throw them away after the ceremony! xxxx

MrsScott2B2014

MrsScott2B2014

Posting Pro

• Members
  • 550 posts
is it a cival or religious ceremony?

pink_princess_1977

pink_princess_1977

Forum Star

• Members
  • 1235 posts
Mine is a civil

I'm looking for anything, template ideally, wording etc

is it a cival or religious ceremony?

fiona_toro

fiona_toro

• Members
  • 479 posts
I'm at work so don't have mine here unfortunately, but I made one up for our humanist ceremony which is 1 A4 sheet folded in half and landscape so there are 4 pages. It goes something like this;

Front cover

Welcome to the wedding of***** on ***** at*****

Also considering putting a quote here

Inside page 1

Bridal party

Celebrant, parents, bridesmaids, friends who are singing etc

Inside page 2

What will actually happen during the ceremony, so for example

Welcome by Jane Macfie

Reading of *** by ****

Exchage of vows

Signing of the register accompanied by the following songs ***

Then on the back page I have a little bit about the language of flowers and what the flowers in my bouquet symbolise e.g. rosemary for commitment and fidelity.

However, I'm going to add in an sheet with 1) more detail about the order of the day e.g. drinks reception immediately after, what time to make your way down, details of transport if needed and 2) some info about the next day as we are arranging a dinner/night out - so that everyone has the time and address etc.

Hope that helps some!

Fx

lemonthelime

lemonthelime

Forum Star

• Members
  • 2486 posts

I know!!!! I didn't plan on doing this until my Minister said I should because of the Lord's Prayer! Do I have to match them to the Invitations? If so, I am screwed 'cos I have brooches for my Invitations (which were expensive) and I can't afford them for my OOS as well, especially if people are going to throw them away after the ceremony! xxxx

I didnt match mine to the invites completely. I used the same colour card, and the same ribbon, but decoration was completely different. I think as long as it ties in with your colours somehow then it'll be fine.

lil_jo84

lil_jo84

Forum Star

• Members
  • 1474 posts
This is mine (changed to template) , sorry if it looks confusing but I wanted to do it on as little paper as possible. With a bit of jiggling of your paper it will print double sided on A5, so will give you a A6 4 sheet booklet with:

Page 1: Intro to wedding
Page 2: cheesy love quote
Page 3: Wedding party members
Page 4: Ceremony details
Page 5: Ceremony cont.
Page 6: Ceremony cont.
Page 7: Ceremony cont.
Page 8: Thank you note.

Hope that helps, maybe worth putting it through your printer (A5 paper) and testing to see what it looks like... it works in my head!

EDIT: didn't attach file!

Attached Files

Edited by lil_jo84, 30 March 2012 - 05:01 PM.

lil_jo84

lil_jo84

Forum Star

• Members
  • 1474 posts
Oh and mine will only match in card and colours. I bought a lovely bride and groom plus order of service stamp that I'm dying to use x

pink_princess_1977

pink_princess_1977

Forum Star

• Members
  • 1235 posts
Hi does anyone have a civil ceremony template they have used or going to use?

Thank you x

lil_jo84

lil_jo84

Forum Star

• Members
  • 1474 posts
Found this if it is any good

http://www.eventtool...e-template.aspx