Welcome to Wedding Ideas Chat
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Is it ok for the mother of the bride to wear black???

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
27 replies to this topic

Guest_MichelleLovesPink_*

Guest_MichelleLovesPink_*
  • Guests
Hey everyone!

Just a query???

Is it ok for my mother to wear black???

Basically it would not all be black. Its black and ivory and very classy looking. It would be teamed up with hot pink accesories (like the hat, the button hole - we are having hot pink gerberas as our flowers etc).

I think this would look really nice.

What do you all think???

Guest_chellegirl_*

Guest_chellegirl_*
  • Guests
I think your mum would fine in black, black and pink would look stunning!! I love gerberas!

rallybunny

rallybunny

HRH Wedding Ideas!

• Members
  • 10729 posts
My mum is wearing a black and ivory suit, with pink accessories. I think it will be fine, and I'd rather she was comfy in what she was wearing, than wear something typically MOB that wasn't "her".

Lotte Bear

Lotte Bear

Wedding Whizz

• Members
  • 2812 posts
Yes, go for it as long as you are happy with it.

Guest_vetgirl911_*

Guest_vetgirl911_*
  • Guests
My Mums wearing black and Ivory too, maybe there the trend setters! Its my favourite anyway and i'm seriously considering us having a black and cream print bridemaid dress in 50's style too. I say good on them for breaking with tradition smile.gif

Pinkypo

Pinkypo

HRH Wedding Ideas!

• Members
  • 13311 posts
I think that sounds fab - very chic!! I dont see anything wrong with wearing black to a wedding (as long as not head to toe with no other colours laugh.gif) xx

Guest_Lawrie-Meddins2B_*

Guest_Lawrie-Meddins2B_*
  • Guests
i would say it is fine, my friends mother in law wore all black but that was because she didn't like her!!! haha how rude!

Bennic

Bennic

HRH Wedding Ideas!

• Members
  • 15571 posts
I think black is great! I wore black to both my parents weddings when they remarried and teamed it up with some coloured shoes and a cardi.

MrsCmas

MrsCmas

Wedding Whizz

• Members
  • 3941 posts
I think it sounds great, very classy

MrsC

MrsC

Master Planner

• Members
  • 5110 posts
My friends wedding was in June and her mum wore ivory, which black details and she looked lovely.

Pretty in Pink

Pretty in Pink

Posting Pro

• Members
  • 539 posts
I think your mom will look fab! I like those colours anyway! x

Guest_Sunflower Nik_*

Guest_Sunflower Nik_*
  • Guests
Why would it not be okay?

♥ ♥RJC ♥ ♥

♥ ♥RJC ♥ ♥

Wedding Whizz

• Members
  • 3434 posts
Yeah I hope so, my mum is wearing a gorgeous black and cream suit with gorgeous hat too!!!

On the other hand MIL2B is wearing red (despite the fact that she knows this is my bridesmaid colours!!!!) Think she wants to be confused as a bridesmaid!!! Aaaargh

Reckon your mum must be on to something as there's loads of posts here saying they are wearing black

chickchick

chickchick

Forum Star

• Members
  • 2017 posts
QUOTE(MichelleLovesPink @ Feb 13 2008, 04:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey everyone!

Just a query???

Basically it would not all be black. Its black and ivory and very classy looking. It would be teamed up with hot pink accesories (like the hat, the button hole - we are having hot pink gerberas as our flowers etc).

What do you all think???

My Stepmum did and she looked fined her outfit too had colour in it.

Guest_hutchy2b_*

Guest_hutchy2b_*
  • Guests
Sounds classy! go for it smile.gif

Guest_Amz_*

Guest_Amz_*
  • Guests
I think that sounds great, especially with hot pink accessories. The black will make a fantastic contrast with the flowers.

Guest_HelieB/F_*

Guest_HelieB/F_*
  • Guests
My Mum wore black and ivory and looked beautiful. My bridesmaids wore black dresses too.......they were all gorgeous.
Helen x

Guest_HelieB/F_*

Guest_HelieB/F_*
  • Guests
Meant to add....my dress was ivory and our flowers were ivory and pink...the bouquetrs looked stunning against the black dresses.

Mollymoo

Mollymoo

Mr and Mrs Lane

• Members
  • 27891 posts
My mil2b has bought an ivory and black dress and a black bolero style jacket, looks very nice. I think if it doesn't bother you as the bride wearing black then who cares? biggrin.gif

MOB

MOB

HRH Wedding Ideas!

• Members
  • 14695 posts
I love black..and with the ivory and pink it sounds wonderful x

Guest_MrsOGorman2b_*

Guest_MrsOGorman2b_*
  • Guests

I thinks its a great classic combo, my mum was looking at something similar the other day. She doesnt want to clash with the bridesmaids smile.gif

Guest_Carolann_*

Guest_Carolann_*
  • Guests
My mum has also said she would like to wear Ivory/cream and black, seems to be quite popular think will suggest to my mum to maybe throw some hot pink in there too, that sounds lovely smile.gif so yup dont worry

Guest_filer2b_*

Guest_filer2b_*
  • Guests
Hey everyone!

Just a query???

What do you all think???

I have this for my colour scheme and my Mum will be wearing ivory and black with a hot pink corsage!!! We are defo setting a trend for this summer I think-it seems to be a popular choice!

pretty_vacant

pretty_vacant

Planning Princess

• Members
  • 7555 posts
i dont see why not

my mums will be wearing mostly black i think, which to be fair is good cause out colours are black white and pink, and shes not really a pink kind of lady

IWANTAPOEM

IWANTAPOEM

Forum Star

• Wedding Ideas advertisers
  • 2288 posts
I don't see why not xx

Fancied_a_change

Fancied_a_change

Forum Star

• Members
  • 1982 posts
Hey everyone!

Just a query???

What do you all think???

My Mum is wearing black and silver, and I don't think there's anything wrong with it. Very "this season" x

Guest_MyBigFatEssexWedding_*

Guest_MyBigFatEssexWedding_*
  • Guests
My Mummy wore black and she looked amazing. Really really chic and fab.

Yeti

Yeti

Forum Star

• Members
  • 1235 posts
My mum is wearing black and ivory, the main element being the stunning black dress I persuaded to get, then she's got a little ivory jacket and an ivory hat which she's customising with some black feathers, she wasn't sure about it at first, but it's so elegant!