Welcome to Wedding Ideas Chat
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

First night as husband & wife.....

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
49 replies to this topic

Tiger Lily

Tiger Lily

Wedding Whizz

• Members
  • 4780 posts
what are you doing? caught up in the whole 'wedding thing' i wanted to stay in a hotel but couldn't get my head around leaving the reception & having baggage & the like. or do we just go back to ours together & no hotel?! i just doint know what to do! how do i go about finding a nice hotel? i've tried google but get so frustrated?!!

thank you in advance!! xx

Boss-in-boots

Boss-in-boots

Wedding Guru

• Members
  • 25154 posts
we are staying in hotel that we are having reception btw it nearly cost the same to hire huh.gif so i am expecting something utterly outstanding x

becky22

becky22

Twinkle Twinkle Little Star!

• Members
  • 10526 posts
we stayed in the reception venue's bridal suite and it was so romantic. I've booked it for our first wedding anniversary but hubby doesn't know yet

Tiger Lily

Tiger Lily

Wedding Whizz

• Members
  • 4780 posts
QUOTE(Beck the Halls(becky22) @ Feb 22 2008, 12:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
we stayed in the reception venue's bridal suite and it was so romantic. I've booked it for our first wedding anniversary but hubby doesn't know yet

our reception venue is a stately house (i think you'd call it that) so we cant stay there the night which is a shame, otherwise problem solved!
lovely idea about rebooking for your anniversary too.
we stayed in a lovely hotel a while back & id love to go there but its in surrey (we're in essex!) & would take us an hour or so to get there, not practical!!

Queen Munchkin

Queen Munchkin

SPARKLY BUM MANDS !!!!

• Members
  • 42702 posts
We are staying in the hotel that we have the reception at ... mind you I am the night before too, so I get two nights in the honeymoon suite, woo hoo x well one night in one suite, and then the second night in the other honeymoon suite, LOL x

Love Mands xxx

Guest_Annabel_*

Guest_Annabel_*
  • Guests
Fortunately we stayed in the Roccoco Suite - which you have seen in the photos (gold, big mirrors and stuff) which was the bridal suite at gosfield so we didn't have to go else where. But, if we couldn't have stayed at gosfield then i reckon we would have gone to a stunning hotel for a night or two (we have not been on honeymoon yet - may!) and indulged a bit.

Personally i couldn't come home to the flat after the wedding - too much of an anticlimax!

Libby's Mummy

Libby's Mummy

Wedding Guru

• Members
  • 32881 posts
QUOTE(Annabel @ Feb 22 2008, 12:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Personally i couldn't come home to the flat after the wedding - too much of an anticlimax!

I agree

becky22

becky22

• Members
  • 10526 posts
QUOTE(hogan2b @ Feb 22 2008, 12:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
our reception venue is a stately house (i think you'd call it that) so we cant stay there the night which is a shame, otherwise problem solved!
lovely idea about rebooking for your anniversary too.
we stayed in a lovely hotel a while back & id love to go there but its in surrey (we're in essex!) & would take us an hour or so to get there, not practical!!

Where is your reception? I live up north but MyBigFatEssexWedding might be able to help you out hun. A stately home sounds fabulous hun.

Tiger Lily

Tiger Lily

Wedding Whizz

• Members
  • 4780 posts
QUOTE(MrsMudge2B @ Feb 22 2008, 12:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree

at first i thought this would be ok but really dont want to now! would just be like any other night returning home! ill have to get my thinking cap on!

Tiger Lily

Tiger Lily

Wedding Whizz

• Members
  • 4780 posts
QUOTE(Annabel @ Feb 22 2008, 12:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Fortunately we stayed in the Roccoco Suite - which you have seen in the photos (gold, big mirrors and stuff) which was the bridal suite at gosfield so we didn't have to go else where. But, if we couldn't have stayed at gosfield then i reckon we would have gone to a stunning hotel for a night or two (we have not been on honeymoon yet - may!) and indulged a bit.

really?? wow! i am sooo jealous, that room was perfect!

Tiger Lily

Tiger Lily

Wedding Whizz

• Members
  • 4780 posts
QUOTE(Beck the Halls(becky22) @ Feb 22 2008, 12:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Where is your reception? I live up north but MyBigFatEssexWedding might be able to help you out hun. A stately home sounds fabulous hun.

its at The Lawn in Rochford, Essex. small venue but has lovely grounds/gardens.

becky22

becky22

• Members
  • 10526 posts
QUOTE(hogan2b @ Feb 22 2008, 01:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
its at The Lawn in Rochford, Essex. small venue but has lovely grounds/gardens.

I'll do a search for you hunny xxx

Could your venue not recommend somewhere?

MrsTwinklebat

MrsTwinklebat

Master Planner

• Members
  • 7172 posts
if your worried about having baggage with you, do what we are doing..

gonna be all packed up that morning, then am gonna send my brother to book us into a hotel in brighton on his way to the reception (or earlier depending on check in time as not decided where to stay yet etc.), sorta dec out the room- rose petals candles etc.

that way we just leave the reception and toddle off down the seafront nicely drunk... smile.gif

Tiger Lily

Tiger Lily

Wedding Whizz

• Members
  • 4780 posts
QUOTE(Beck the Halls(becky22) @ Feb 22 2008, 01:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'll do a search for you hunny xxx

Could your venue not recommend somewhere?

thank you. the recommended hotels are the ones we've recommend to our guests, omg im gonna sound so stupid, i didnt even think of that for us!! :-O!!

Mrs Hippiechick

Mrs Hippiechick

Wedding Whizz

• Members
  • 3894 posts
We're jolly lucky - the venue we're having for our wedding breakfast and evening reception has fabulous accomoodation on site and included in the hire price is the Bridal Suite (which has carpets so thick you sink in up to your ankles laugh.gif )

However, if there wasn't accommodation on site, I'd want to stay the first night as man and wife in a lovely hotel - have you thought about asking your reception venue if they can recommend anywhere locally?

Macdonald Hotels are a chain of places that are just lush - not sure if they have one local to you though ... hope you find somewhere lovely babe x

becky22

becky22

• Members
  • 10526 posts
Don't know if these are any use to you hun

Chichester Hotel
Old London Road
Wickford
Essex SS11 8UE
t. 01268 561234
email info@thechichester.co.uk

Express Holiday Inn
Arterial Road
Rayleigh
Essex SS6 7SP
t. 0871 703 0082

Maison Renouf
Bradley Way
Rochford SS4 1BU
t. 01702 541334

Essex County Hotel
Aviation Way
Southend On Sea
Essex SS2 6UN
t. 01702 279955
email
reservations@essexcountyhotel.com

Guest_rachpinkstar_*

Guest_rachpinkstar_*
  • Guests
My aunt booked a room at the poshest hotel in Southampton for us as her gift to us. I parked the car in the car park with the luggage in the boot the morn of the wedding and after the reception my dad took us to the hotel, we got our luggage out of the car and stayed the night. In the morn we got in the car and drove back to the flat, spent the day relaxing before headin off on honeymoon the next day!

Tiger Lily

Tiger Lily

Wedding Whizz

• Members
  • 4780 posts
QUOTE(Beck the Halls(becky22) @ Feb 22 2008, 01:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Don't know if these are any use to you hun

Essex County Hotel
Aviation Way
Southend On Sea
Essex SS2 6UN
t. 01702 279955
email
reservations@essexcountyhotel.com

this is the best locally i've heard & top recommendation from our venue - i cant believe that i didnt even think of it myself!! thank you, im gonna phone them later on xxx

becky22

becky22

• Members
  • 10526 posts
QUOTE(hogan2b @ Feb 22 2008, 01:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
this is the best locally i've heard & top recommendation from our venue - i cant believe that i didnt even think of it myself!! thank you, im gonna phone them later on xxx

Your welcome hun.\Let me know how you get on.

Guest_Annabel_*

Guest_Annabel_*
  • Guests
How about here honey? Very cosy boutique hotel in essex:

Hotel

Stay in the Masefield or Keats suites - lovely bathrooms and a private hottub outside. Not cheap - but it is your special night.

There are only three in this bit of the hotel so nice and private also it has its own health spa too.

xx

becky22

becky22

• Members
  • 10526 posts
QUOTE(mrsthomas2b @ Feb 22 2008, 01:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We are leaving the farm to go to a hotel, then travelling straight from there to France for 2 weeks.
When we get back, I will have my first ever night at Chez Thomas wub.gif

Awww how sweet. xxx

Libby's Mummy

Libby's Mummy

Wedding Guru

• Members
  • 32881 posts
They are stunning

I would love to stay there xxx

Guest_Mrs Wickham_*

Guest_Mrs Wickham_*
  • Guests
We stayed at our venue. I am sure that you could arrange for someone to drop the luggage off in the morning at a nice hotel so you didnt have to worry about that?

Tiger Lily

Tiger Lily

Wedding Whizz

• Members
  • 4780 posts
QUOTE(Annabel @ Feb 22 2008, 01:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How about here honey? Very cosy boutique hotel in essex:

Hotel

Stay in the Masefield or Keats suites - lovely bathrooms and a private hottub outside. Not cheap - but it is your special night.

There are only three in this bit of the hotel so nice and private also it has its own health spa too.

xx

oh now, now what do i do? the suites are gorgeous & seeings as we're not honeymooning till the following week, maybe we could do 2 nights too, proper relax.

thank you xx

becky22

becky22

• Members
  • 10526 posts
The main thing is that you enjoy your first night together as a married couple. It's so nice to be able to spend your first moments on your own reflecting on the day's events.

Libby's Mummy

Libby's Mummy

Wedding Guru

• Members
  • 32881 posts
QUOTE(hogan2b @ Feb 22 2008, 01:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
oh now, now what do i do? the suites are gorgeous & seeings as we're not honeymooning till the following week, maybe we could do 2 nights too, proper relax.

thank you xx

I think you should do it xxx

*MrsSmith*

*MrsSmith*

Wedding Whizz

• Members
  • 3698 posts
QUOTE(hogan2b @ Feb 22 2008, 12:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
what are you doing? caught up in the whole 'wedding thing' i wanted to stay in a hotel but couldn't get my head around leaving the reception & having baggage & the like. or do we just go back to ours together & no hotel?! i just doint know what to do! how do i go about finding a nice hotel? i've tried google but get so frustrated?!!

We are staying in the bridal cottage at our venue. It is so sweet, apparently it used to be a rundown barn where a donkey and a goat used to live!! laugh.gif laugh.gif xx

becky22

becky22

• Members
  • 10526 posts
QUOTE(hogan2b @ Feb 22 2008, 01:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thank you xx

If you can do it hunny I would. Don't rush back home if you don't need to. Haggle with the hotel to offer you a great deal for your wedding night too.

Guest_Mrs Hough To Be_*

Guest_Mrs Hough To Be_*
  • Guests
We're staying in the same place as our reception in the honeymoon suite... We took a look around the honeymoon suite before we booked the venue to make sure we liked it and it looks gorgeous! Just make sure you choose somewhere you'll both be comfortable and happy in because after all those many months planning and the excitement of the day, you'll want and need somewhere to kick back and relax!!

Scrooge

Scrooge

old married cat

• Members
  • 16331 posts
QUOTE(hogan2b @ Feb 22 2008, 12:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

bestman booked a hotel room for us as his gift to us, my mum stayed at ou along with my dad, so it was nice to get away even if ben was practically asleep once he carried me over the threshold

Guest_LyndseyScaife2008_*

Guest_LyndseyScaife2008_*
  • Guests
we are staying at the reception venue in the bridal suite!! we got it included in the price! if this wasnt includedf we prob gone to the nearest hotel!

Robbo

Robbo

Wedding Guru

• Members
  • 39207 posts
i stayed in the hotel the whole wedidng was in it was great

Tiger Lily

Tiger Lily

Wedding Whizz

• Members
  • 4780 posts
I've asked h2b about it & we're going to discuss tonight - he's suggested the Radisson at Stansted airport as apparently they have a lovely bridal suite but im thinking that's a little too far to drive that night! ill let you know what we decide - thank you all for your comments xx

chunkys cherub

chunkys cherub

Wedding Whizz

• Members
  • 4992 posts
Got to admit we came home, no point booking a room we had to be on our way to airport by 8.30, and to be fair i was to shattered to make out first night as husband and wife special, but made up for it on our honeymoon wink.gif

Guest_HeatheryBee_*

Guest_HeatheryBee_*
  • Guests
Rather boringly I think we're going to come home, there's no nice hotels nearby so what's the point? The nearest hotel is a similar to a Travelodge but much more expensive, so I'd rather not spend a load of money on nothing. We're planning on goingon honeymoon on the Sunday, so hopefully a brief lie in and then we'll be away.

H xx

Guest_kellso_*

Guest_kellso_*
  • Guests
we stayed at the hotel and got the usher to take are stuff up in the morning of the wedding x

Guest_hutchy2b_*

Guest_hutchy2b_*
  • Guests
we are staying at our venue - bridal suite, as we have booked exclusie use, so its all part of it smile.gif cant wait, its going to be so nice: 4 poster bed!!! biggrin.gif

Guest_MrsOGorman2b_*

Guest_MrsOGorman2b_*
  • Guests

We were hoping to get the bridal suite at our reception venue unfortunately its booked so we are looking for somewhere that'll have us laugh.gif Alot of places at that time of the year wont do a 'one night only' booking which is a pain rolleyes.gif

*CJ*

*CJ*

Wedding Guru

• Members
  • 28039 posts
We got married at a hotel and had our reception there. We both stayed the night before (me in the bridel suite) and then we had the bridel suite on our wedding night.

Guest_katie_b_*

Guest_katie_b_*
  • Guests
QUOTE(HeatheryBee @ Feb 22 2008, 04:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Rather boringly I think we're going to come home, there's no nice hotels nearby so what's the point? The nearest hotel is a similar to a Travelodge but much more expensive, so I'd rather not spend a load of money on nothing. We're planning on goingon honeymoon on the Sunday, so hopefully a brief lie in and then we'll be away.

H xx

snap. we're just going to make our house and bedroom all nice and romantic smile.gif smile.gif