Welcome to Wedding Ideas Chat
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Wedding Breakfast Buffet

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

Guest_Laura in Melbourne_*

• Guests
Is anyone else having a wedding breakfast buffet instead of a sit down meal. I've been thinking about my budget today and ways that I could cut costs etc and I thought of having a buffet would definately be cheaper than having a three course meal. It will also be August, hopefully hot and im not sure that everyone would want a three course meal which is generally a hot meal. Im also having a finger buffet in the evening.

Any suggestions ladies??

turkishdreams2

turkishdreams2

Wedding Whizz

• Members
  • 2958 posts
i am having a buffett at my reception so people can eat what they want

Guest_keeley aka ethel_*

Guest_keeley aka ethel_*
  • Guests
Hi we're having a carved buffet,so people still get a meal but just help there selfs to the food,its also saving us money as we're not doing a starters. And for the eveing we're having curry with the works. If your doing a buffet for your wedding breakfast, what are you doing about pudding? we don't know if to do pudding buffet style too! Any ideas

Loved Up

Loved Up

Wedding Whizz

• Members
  • 2949 posts
I'm having a fork buffet for my wedding breakfast too!

Going to have things like salmon platter's, pate's, salad's, pasta salad's, cheese's, selection of meat's, hot new potato's, warm quiche and more things along those lines.
I was thinking the same thing that i know i wouldn't want to eat a 3 course hot meal if it's a hot day so are doing a fork buffet instead.
We're also missing starter's (i'm not really into starter's) but having dessert.
Then having a finger buffet of more party (sausages, crisps etc) sort of food in the eve.

xxxx

HelenDJ

HelenDJ

Forum Star

• Members
  • 1395 posts
Hiya!
We're having afternoon tea instead of a wedding breakfast and it's costing 6 per head instead of 30-40!!! Plus we'll be saving on drinks since we'll be having tea & coffee so we won't need to provide wine with the meal!
In the night we're having a bbq so guests aren't having sandwiches again!

Loved Up

Loved Up

Wedding Whizz

• Members
  • 2949 posts
QUOTE(keeley aka ethel @ Jun 17 2008, 08:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi we're having a carved buffet,so people still get a meal but just help there selfs to the food,its also saving us money as we're not doing a starters. And for the eveing we're having curry with the works. If your doing a buffet for your wedding breakfast, what are you doing about pudding? we don't know if to do pudding buffet style too! Any ideas

Thats a good idea bout a pudding style buffet! Think i'll look into that too. xxxx

MrsPumpkin

MrsPumpkin

Forum Star

• Members
  • 1990 posts
We're also having a fork buffet - to give people choice mainly as we've got kosher guests, vegans, vegetarians, fussy eaters and kids at our wedding! We also thought it would be less informal than a big 3 course sit down. We're having nibbles on the table for starters - olives, pitta bread etc and the dessert is plated and served to our guests. It's working out a lot less per head compared to their sit down.

Guest_Sarah0808_*

Guest_Sarah0808_*
  • Guests
One of the best weddings I went to had a chicken style paella and we lined up and took how much we wanted. Then they asked a few friends who they knew were good cooks to bring nice puddings so we got loads of different puddings. Everyone changed seats during the meal and it was really relaxed. We went to another wedding recently where they had a spit roast pig in the evening which was lovely. I would definitely try and do something a bit differently for the evening than the day, and I think you've got lots of options!

Mrs T

Mrs T

Posting Pro

• Members
  • 875 posts
I'm having a buffet too was gonna go for a sit down meal but the cost is a joke!! and with a buffet everyone can pick at want they like rolleyes.gif

Guest_helsbels_*

Guest_helsbels_*
  • Guests
I wanted a buffet but our venue wouldnt allow it. Its better than a sit down meal IMO bcoz people can eat what they like and not whats put in front of them

~~Squiggle B~~

~~Squiggle B~~

the mad dress woman!!

• Members
  • 17959 posts
we are having one buffet as we get married at 3pm and everyone is invited all day

*♥*tipsy*♥*

*♥*tipsy*♥*

Master Planner

• Members
  • 7313 posts
we think were gonna have a hot buffet for our wedding breakfast, as h2b isnt really a big fan of 3 course sit down meals when hes drinking. plus this way we can keep a sense of the informal day going. im thinking for desert i might get some chopping boards and have a fruit and mini cake selection platter to put in the middle of the tables

Guest_DrSunflower2B_*

Guest_DrSunflower2B_*
  • Guests
We're having a sit down buffet, so we'll still have the tables and the seating plan, but people will get to choose what they eat. There's no way we could have provided the same level of variety with a three course meal, and it's a fraction of the cost!

• Guests
QUOTE(Stephanie86 @ Jun 17 2008, 05:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm having a fork buffet for my wedding breakfast too!

Going to have things like salmon platter's, pate's, salad's, pasta salad's, cheese's, selection of meat's, hot new potato's, warm quiche and more things along those lines.
I was thinking the same thing that i know i wouldn't want to eat a 3 course hot meal if it's a hot day so are doing a fork buffet instead.
We're also missing starter's (i'm not really into starter's) but having dessert.
Then having a finger buffet of more party (sausages, crisps etc) sort of food in the eve.

xxxx

My mouth is watering! I was looking for the hotel brochure last night and I couldn't find it anywhere, but I think they do the buffet as a three course meal so I will have to ask them whether they will cut the starters outs. You can pick two deserts off the three course menu and serve them, but I love the idea of a desert buffet!

We are also having an evening buffet and it will be the usual crisps, sausage rolls, garlic bread etc. Its going to the middle of summer so I dont think that anyone will want anything too heavy.