Welcome to Wedding Ideas Chat
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

April Wedding help any ideas!!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
30 replies to this topic

Guest_koalyssa_*

Guest_koalyssa_*
  • Guests
Hi,

I'm new to all this wedding stuff!!
I was shocked when my H2B propsed. We have decided on an april wedding 25th as this was the day he proposed. Just booking the venue and church now so a bit behind

But I want to have a theme but not sure what.

Any ideas would be greatly accepted.

Cheers

Koalyssa unsure.gif

MrsGriff

MrsGriff

Wedding Whizz

• Members
  • 3400 posts
Hiya! Welcome, I'm an april bride too. My theme is vintage glamour as our venue is a massive manor house and I love vintage roses, pearls, silks etc so it worked! You could base it on a colour, material anything! Something your both interested in, somewhere you've visited...... My theme just fell into place really yours will too!

xxx

Guest_Mavis77_*

Guest_Mavis77_*
  • Guests
i originally wanted an april wedding and got things decided in my head what i wanted, but then we had to move it to june.
i was going to have an easter theme, have all spring flowers in large silver pails, easter egg hunt for the children and cadburys eggs in little sliver pails as favours

Guest_meganlaura_*

Guest_meganlaura_*
  • Guests
Spring (orange gerberas and pale green and forgetme not flower stick favours, invites printed on paper with seeds on it so it can be planted!)
Fairytale (butterflys, table confetti, white rose arch way, wishing tree and fairylights)
Chocolate, gold and cream (Ferrero roche favours, cream roses and gold highlights like gold napkin rings and chocolate napkins)
Pink and white (Balloons, double bubbles, pink roses and pink heart chocolates from thorntons)
Lavendar and silver (Sprigs of lavendar on the table with silver curled ribbons and table diamonds, lavendar sachets in lavendar net as favours)

but really its about what you both like and want!

xkizzyx

xkizzyx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 369 posts
QUOTE(Mavis77 @ Jun 19 2008, 09:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i originally wanted an april wedding and got things decided in my head what i wanted, but then we had to move it to june.
i was going to have an easter theme, have all spring flowers in large silver pails, easter egg hunt for the children and cadburys eggs in little sliver pails as favours

I think this is a great theme too.
When i went to a wedding fayre there was a table decked out like this, with easter baskets as table centres and yellow gingham sashes on the chair covers. It looked lovely and springy smile.gif

headin4abikinibod

headin4abikinibod

Forum Star

• Members
  • 2328 posts
Yeah, because it's spring a tea party would be lovely with cutsie picnic things and sandwiches, you could do this cheaply or go expensive and have a marquee-you could do the mad hatters tea party and have an Alice in Wonderland theme. Or is that just me being OTT blink.gif or you could have a BBQ? Good luck ;-)

thebear

thebear

Forum Star

• Members
  • 1192 posts
Hi

Im having an april wedding and have gone for Choc Brown and Cherry Blossom Pink!! I think its a lovely month because of all the spring flowers that will be available. Cherry Blossom reminds me of being a child so thats why Iv gone for that particular flower!!

**Mrs Baxter **

**Mrs Baxter **

Forum Star

• Members
  • 1853 posts
You could always have April shower wedding theme . Blue, yellow, green and gingham patterns. Really like the spring theme with yellow flowers or you could go simple with Snowdrops and silver bells with butterflies. Love heart sweets for favours. Table display with little baskets of flowers like snowdrops , lily of the valley and butterflies.

There are loads of things, any more ideas feel free to ask.

Annabelxx

smithiesbabe

smithiesbabe

Wedding Whizz

• Members
  • 3301 posts
hi im also having an apri;l wedding and in fact am getting married on eater saturday. As a result we've went for a spring theme. We're having chocolate lindt bunnies as favours (with their collars changes to the colour of my bridesmaids) and spring flowers n all of the tables. My bridesmaid are in a lavender/ pruple colour an the shop sugessted yellow flowers to match so were having yellow roses in the middle of their boquests with purple flowers round the outside.

lovely favours

lovely favours

• Wedding Ideas advertisers
  • 135 posts
Hi There,

a floral/garden theme, with a vintage touch will be just lovely....that if you like vinatge
We have a whole section called THE VINTAGE WEDDING that features
stationery http://www.lovelyfav...roductsw_11.php
favours http://www.lovelyfav...roductsw_12.php
gifts http://www.lovelyfav...roductsw_13.php
and decorations http://www.lovelyfav...roductsw_14.php

in the near future I am planning to add on the website around 30-40 new wedding thems, so have a look later for more theme ideas!

ah, and don't forget to visit our gallery for mor inspiration!
http://www.lovelyfav....uk/gallery.php

Guest_Mrs Daborn 2b_*

Guest_Mrs Daborn 2b_*
  • Guests
QUOTE(koalyssa @ Jun 19 2008, 09:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi,
I'm new to all this wedding stuff!!
I was shocked when my H2B propsed. We have decided on an april wedding 25th as this was the day he proposed. Just booking the venue and church now so a bit behind

But I want to have a theme but not sure what.

Any ideas would be greatly accepted.

Cheers
Koalyssa unsure.gif

hi, just wanted to say hi, i got engaged on the 25th April this year and am also getting married on the 25th April next year so we are twins lol
i am having hot pink and silver i think, just got to wait what dresses i find for the bm's

Mrs-K

Mrs-K

Wedding Whizz

• Members
  • 2942 posts
I'm an April bride, our main theme is burgundy and ivory as that matches my wedding dress. But the decoration of the venue is spring fayre so we are having bunting, balloons, mix and match crockery.

Guest_luckyheather_*

Guest_luckyheather_*
  • Guests
How about yellow as a colour & daffodils as a flower. It'd be different, suit the time of year, and for favours you could give daffy bulbs or if you are feeling charitable give everyone a maggies cancer care daffodil. HTH

P.s quite like this idea myself - we are having awful probs with our renewal, so might just do this ourselves!!!

Guest_Joanne C_*

Guest_Joanne C_*
  • Guests
Hi, I'm an April bride too smile.gif We went for a nice spring green. We were inspired by the room we're having the reception in, which is green too. So, most things are green/ivory and srping like smile.gif

tiny

tiny

Wedding Whizz

• Members
  • 3703 posts
QUOTE(Joanne C @ Jul 9 2008, 09:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi, I'm an April bride too smile.gif We went for a nice spring green. We were inspired by the room we're having the reception in, which is green too. So, most things are green/ivory and srping like smile.gif

Have you seen the peas in a pod wedding favours you can get? If I was having green, I'd prob have them. I oredered one as a sample and they are so cool and v pretty!

**Mrs~*~McNicoll**

**Mrs~*~McNicoll**

HRH Wedding Ideas!

• Members
  • 10023 posts
Hi i am also an april bride, Im not having a named theme, just simple sutle colours..
Tea Rose, Ivory and Lilac xxx

Guest_Armitage2b_*

Guest_Armitage2b_*
  • Guests
Hi, you get married on same day as us rolleyes.gif Our theme is dragonflies in a subtle way with colours of turquiose and lemon. Good luck with you planning.

Guest_keeley aka ethel_*

Guest_keeley aka ethel_*
  • Guests
Hi i'm an April bride too, we're having white roses and tulips and gold hearts theme.

Boss-in-boots

Boss-in-boots

Wedding Guru

• Members
  • 25154 posts
i was an april bride smile.gif
it was freezing so iam hoping you better weather but you can never tell.
my theme was hearts and pink!!!!!!!!!!!! x

Guest_aimee aka mrs packwood2b_*

Guest_aimee aka mrs packwood2b_*
  • Guests
I was gonns say a spring theme, pastel coulours- and daffodils would be great! But then I love daffodils so I'm a bit biased!

Lotte Bear

Lotte Bear

Wedding Whizz

• Members
  • 2812 posts
We had spring, so we had aqua, turquoise colours, light and fresh my buoquet was tuplips and fresia both in season. I have to say the weather was 26 degree in the end!

♥ ♥RJC ♥ ♥

♥ ♥RJC ♥ ♥

Wedding Whizz

• Members
  • 3434 posts
Oooh very bright spring colours!!

Ooh have you made any plans yet?

OrchardGirl

OrchardGirl

• 138 posts
Hello,

I have some persoanlised egg cups on my site that might be of interest to you for your spring wedding and they can be done in a colour to suit your scheme:)

www.itsawrapweddings.co.uk

Good Luck with all your planning:)

Karen

Sher

Sher

Making your Big day even More special

• Members
  • 4860 posts
There are lots of ideas in my albums but Lemon & Lime Green come to mind like this:

http://www.flickr.co...57602753777780/

http://www.flickr.co...57602758928189/

Guest_sarahjohnson2be_*

Guest_sarahjohnson2be_*
  • Guests
QUOTE(smithiesbabe @ Jun 22 2008, 12:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hi im also having an apri;l wedding and in fact am getting married on eater saturday. As a result we've went for a spring theme. We're having chocolate lindt bunnies as favours (with their collars changes to the colour of my bridesmaids) and spring flowers n all of the tables. My bridesmaid are in a lavender/ pruple colour an the shop sugessted yellow flowers to match so were having yellow roses in the middle of their boquests with purple flowers round the outside.

I love this chocolate lindt bunny idea with the collars being changed to match the theme! i also love the easter egg idea. you'll know it as soon as you see it, be it a colour or an extravagant theme. how extravagant do you want it or are you just after something classical?

Guest_soph13_*

Guest_soph13_*
  • Guests
Im also getting married on Easter Saturday but am struggling to pick and theme and colour scheme!! Haven't done much more than booked the venue, church and bought my dress as just cant decide on anything!! Anyone got any ideas of themes?? Favours?? etc... i am so bad at being organised!!

xx

OrchardGirl

OrchardGirl

• 138 posts
QUOTE(soph13 @ Jul 21 2008, 08:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Im also getting married on Easter Saturday but am struggling to pick and theme and colour scheme!! Haven't done much more than booked the venue, church and bought my dress as just cant decide on anything!! Anyone got any ideas of themes?? Favours?? etc... i am so bad at being organised!!

xx

Hello,

What about bluebell blue, hyacinth mauve, daffodil yellow, crocus gold or spring fresh pale green as your bridesmaids colours. Your H2B could echo this with a pastel fresh shirt and cravat/tie.

A little bolero or vintage wrap would be good too since although it's often fresh, bright and sunny it's sometimes a bit chilly.

What about daffodil, tulip, primrose & Violet table decorations - then you can name your tables after them too. For stationery you could go for an oval shaped card or design to bring in the egg shape. Tables scattered with mini eggs instead of table confetti.

For favours you could have a personalised egg cup filled with chocolate eggs or creme egg (I have these on my site www.itsawrapweddings.co.uk). Or what about a small spring flower smelling soap or bath bomb in a box for the ladies and a shot glass filled with sweets for the men. How about an easter egg hunt for the children (if you're having any at the wedding).

The menu could incorporate new potatoes, chicken, lamb and cheesecake.

Just a few ideas:)

Karen

No9 Designs

No9 Designs

• 253 posts
QUOTE(tiny @ Jul 9 2008, 09:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Have you seen the peas in a pod wedding favours you can get? If I was having green, I'd prob have them. I oredered one as a sample and they are so cool and v pretty!

I have a "Peas in a pod" stationery range thats popular for spring/summer weddings http://www.no9design...0collection.htm
HTH
Rachx

ecob^kemmer

ecob^kemmer

Forum Star

• Members
  • 2173 posts
I'm an april bride too. The closest thing we're having to a theme is all the tulips we'll have around. The tulips actually dictated when we're getting married: wanted them in season!

Guest_koalyssa_*

Guest_koalyssa_*
  • Guests
QUOTE (Mrs Daborn 2b @ Jun 29 2008, 03:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hi, just wanted to say hi, i got engaged on the 25th April this year and am also getting married on the 25th April next year so we are twins lol
i am having hot pink and silver i think, just got to wait what dresses i find for the bm's

Hey that's great congratulations. Have you got any further with your plans. I'm starting to dream about it now and not sleeping too well. I think I'm going for blue as I have seen some really lovely bridesmaid dresses in that colour. My H2B unfrotunately would hate pink as would my bridesmaids. how organised are you? I only have my dress, church, venue, and cars booked. I didn't expect this to ever happen to I never had my dream wedding planned out. I do want something a bit different though.

Cheers Twin.

gail

gail

Minx

• Members
  • 23754 posts
Hiya. I'm also an April bride. Our colour theme is Ivory, Wine & Gold. We're also incorporating the grand national into our breakfast as it's on on that day.
Come and check out our April Bride thread over in Planning, you may get some more ideas. See you there.

Gail xxxx