Welcome to Wedding Ideas Chat
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Glass hire from Sainsbury's / Tesco's

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

Guest_lisaloo_*

Guest_lisaloo_*
  • Guests
I've heard that Sainsburys and Tescos hire out glasses for free, as long as they are all returned in one piece. Has anybody looked into this? Or better yet, does anybody work at the superstores and know more about it?

Your help much appreciated tongue.gif

MrsHolland!

MrsHolland!

Wedding Whizz

• Members
  • 3245 posts
I have not heard of this? Will be watching this thread!

Guest_MrsMace2B_*

Guest_MrsMace2B_*
  • Guests
i used to work at tesco, U just go in to reserve. Pay a deposit and u get the deposit back if they are all in one piece. Hire is free
x

Guest_lisaloo_*

Guest_lisaloo_*
  • Guests
I heard that you have to put a deposit down on each crate of glasses, but as long as you return them, you get it back, and even if a few glasses are broken/missing, they only deduct a few pennys per glass from your deposit!

But wanted some confirmation?!!!

Guest_louymcgovern_*

Guest_louymcgovern_*
  • Guests
we have hired glasses from tesco for work things, you pay a deposit which you get back when you return them minus any breakages - I think you can also pay extra to take them back dirty - as i didnt do the hiring personnally dont know much more sorry huh.gif

Guest_lisaloo_*

Guest_lisaloo_*
  • Guests
QUOTE(MrsMace2B @ Jun 22 2008, 08:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i used to work at tesco, U just go in to reserve. Pay a deposit and u get the deposit back if they are all in one piece. Hire is free
x

great! That sounds pretty much like what ive heard! Any idea how long you can hire them for?

Guest_MrsMace2B_*

Guest_MrsMace2B_*
  • Guests
as far as i know thats true. But it was a few years back when i worked there. I would recommend u pop in and get them to confirm it
xx

MrsWilliams

MrsWilliams

Wedding Whizz

• Members
  • 4217 posts
Never heard of it but what a good idea! smile.gif

Guest_lisaloo_*

Guest_lisaloo_*
  • Guests
Yeah, Im def gonna look into it. Could save myself nearly 100!!!

laugh.gif